WFC vs. FOC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by opheadtaker, Sep 16, 2012.

?

WFC VS FOC

1. WFC

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. FOC

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. opheadtaker

opheadtaker Gaseous sycophant

Like the title says,which game do you guys think is better,WFC or FOC?.i am currently playing through WFC,so i cant say my opinion about the full game.so far,its really good.but FOC has alot more diversity in the levels,and was a bit more entertaing.

so which game do YOU like better?

EDIT:well,i just beat WFC yesterday.and i must say,it was an amazing game.i really dont have any complaints about it,though there were a few things that bugged me.but overall,i still think i like FOC better.

EDIT 2: figured out how to add a poll,so you can vote there if you want.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WFC had better boss battles and I liked how you could co-op.

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    FOC is slightly better to me.

4. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

WFC

5. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

WFC. I even like WFC's multiplayer better. Everything in FOC seems to move slower and the upgrades in multiplayer arent as rewarding.

6. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

WFC without a doubt.

WFCs online has a much smoother and faster paced gameplay. The levels aren't loaded down with crap and it's Escalation PWNs FOCs pathetic attempt in every way.

FOC is just a complete piece of shit in online play which is where the replay value should be. As it is, it's virtually unplayable.

7. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    WFC..

FOC's replay value is really sub-par. I don't even bother reaching prime mode this time, even with the double xp weekend. Seen it and done it before. What's the point? It's entertaining and amusing robot dinosaurs running around, but that's where FOC's enjoyability as a game ends. I'm simply not enjoying this game as much as I did WFC

8. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Have to agree with most of whats been said really. FOC is a more refined game overall, but High Moon totally, utterly fucked up the multiplayer by gutting it so unnecessarily. The only thing they really got right was the customisation feature, and they even managed to stop that being as good as it could have been by using preset palettes as opposed to the colours sliders EVERYONE was crying out for from day one and had been present in games since at least the late 90s.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I was planing on getting FOC for teh multiplayer because I didn't get WFC and instead only played through the Decepticon campain at my friends house...

Seeing all the negativity has really made me unsure if I want it...

10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Me personally, I prefer FoC. I like how you can upgrade your weapons and abilities, the customisation definitely wins and overall, the gameplay feels more polished to me than WfC. The dashing leads to some pretty challenging battles and some of the new weapons are amazing.

Overall, I like. It's what I loved about WfC with new additions and more shininess :lol 

11. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    Fall Of Cybertron. The gameplay is much more interesting. I've never been kicked out of a match for connectivity issues, and I've learned to get over the fact that we have little abilities, unlike the whinny wittle babies. However, if your going to buy the game for its Escalation, I would NOT recommend it.

12. SoundwaveFanboy

SoundwaveFanboy Decepticon

Foc

13. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

FOC.

Go back to WFC for the gameplay. I dare you.

14. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only things I appreciate about FoC are that you can customize individual body parts and that you can change the over-the-shoulder pov. Aside from that, WfC all day.

15. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    WfC.

I'm an achievement/trophy whore-and the only other reason worth playing it, is because it's transformers.
    Oh and I finally get to use dinobots and insecticons.

16. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    it's kind of a tie for me. WFC's campaign was a bit more challenging on hard and had actual bosses. the Escalation was better since it was endless and you could choose which character you wanted to be but the only problem with WFC's escalation was the possibility of others stealing stuff you bought. FOC's campaign does offer variety but i'm not noticing any difference in the AI no matter how much i change up my style of gameplay and each level needs to be longer. it's also easier on hard than WFC's. and although i do like the teamwork idea for escalation, i still miss the option to play as whoever you wanted. now, if FOC had endless waves like WFC, people could play escalation longer, and actually get through more waves with the forced teamwork aspect. as for MP, FOC's is kinda better since the maps are more open and you actually feel like you're fighting a war whereas in WFC it felt like there was nobody else left on the planet. although customization is awesome, the old color slider needs to be brought back.

17. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

D00d, I have. It's quite remarkable how much better WFC plays in every aspect. Which is sad, really, considering I've been anticipating FOC for two years.
    If any of you d00ds who like FOC are still playing it steady in 6 months I'll be:
    a: surprised
    b: happy for you

18. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

FOC. While I enjoyed both, Fall of Cybertron is leaps and bounds better than it's predecessor. Each level plays to an individual TF's strengths and weaknesses. Adding more depth to the character and overall gameplay. The graphics have been improved, sound design and musical score create an atmosphere worthy of an epic, customization is a very welcome addition, and multiplayer is fast and fun to play.

I played the WFC campaign once..... and I was done. While I might revisit it in the future, I have already gone through the FOC campaign multiple times. FOC has focus and a sense of direction, and I am more than willing to enjoy the ride.

19. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    This thread needs a poll.

Anyway, I've only played FOC as the demo and I own WFC. I have to say, contrary to most responses, that FOC has a HUGE replay value for me in terms of multiplayer. It just feels alot more smooth than WFC. On the other hand, WFC has killstreaks (something we all miss) and a few other things that would make FOC feel utterly complete. Both games are different in their own ways, which is good because many game sequels just look and feel the same and even get worse.. *cough* COD *cough*. I have to say it's a flat out tie being that both games have their own special properties that make them fun to play anytime, without getting too repetitive.

*looks at what I just typed* This is why I prefer Transformers games vs any other game.

20. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

FOC