WFC Stand-In Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pravus Prime, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It's about time for me to change some of my display shelves again, away with the Leaders Through the Ages that I've got up now and I'd like to do some War For Cybertron shelves.

Being a player of both the DS and the PS3 versions, I've got a pretty good size cast there, with some stand in being no brainers: Henkei Cyclonus as Cyclonus, Generations Warpath as Warpath, or Classics Rodimus for "Hot Shot" for example.

However, with what I'm going for, I'm utterly stumped at what to do for Brawl. Since I'm looking for a bit of size consistancy, I'm looking for either a very large scout, Deluxe, or small Voyager who can pass for Brawl. The only figure that I can think of is Movie 1 Deluxe Brawl, which I have, but the shoulders on mine are so bad if I want him on display I'd probably have to glue the shoulders in place. I've tried numerous tricks to no avail at the time and the last time I toyed around with him, he was very bad. I have a feeling that Deep Desert Brawl will cost more then I'd be willing to pay and wouldn't look like he fit in either with his colors and aesthetics. It occured to me yesterday that PCC Bombshell may do, though I think he'd be too small.

I'm not set for Ramjet either. Right now I can be lazy and just move Classics Ramjet from the Seeker shelf up to it, but really it's not a good fit. Given the almost batlike red wings and the lack of wing legs in robot mode that the WFC model has, along with the many green parts, Classics doesn't really resemble the WFC character at all really.

The Autobot side it's the flyers that have me flummoxed. Silverbolt, Air Raid, and Swoop. While Universe Silverbolt would probably be most peoples choice, the problem again is comparative scale; he'd look like an adult surrounded by children on the shelf.

Any suggestions for any of the above (Brawl, Ramjet, Silverbolt, Air Raid, and Swoop)?

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    for the wfc seekers use the titanium thundercracker mold and its repaints, it fits in pretty well with the WFC figures

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Or maybe the Voyager class Cybertron Starscream plus repaints?

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    eh with all the WFC figures being deluxes, they really wouldn't fit in size wise

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

True, but then you can avoid all those lovely issues with the diecast on the Tits.

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You could try the Legends seekers. Too small of course, but it would look better next to Megatron. I think they did most of the 7, I know I did customs for the missing bits so I can't remember exactly.

7. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Air Raid--Use the takara DOTM release [breakaway remould].

Brawl--I'd personally use TFTM Leader Brawl and ignore the size, but there was a re-issue of DLX Brawl [desert camo] in ROTF with fixed shoulders.

I also suggest VYGR DOTM Shockwave. Not that bigger than the rest and looks right at home with their cybertronian alt modes.

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Titanium Starscream = WFC Starscream
    Titanium Thundercracker = WFC Thundercracker
    Titanium Skywarp = WFC Skywarp
    Cybertron TRU Starscream = Dirge Thrust
    Galaxy Force Starscream = Dirge Ramjet
    Universe 2.0 Dirge = WFC Dirge
    Henkei Skyfire = WFC Jetfire

Slightly more expensive:
    Botcon Dreadwing + Classics Jetfire = WFC Starscream
    Henkei Dark Skyfire = WFC Skywarp
    Universe 2.0 Treadbolt = WFC Thundercracker

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Thanks for those.

Not to be rude, but most of you guys seem to fail at reading comprehension. I'm only looking for the names in bold in the first post, I've got the other 38 or so characters chosen and had decided on them almost a month ago now.

How big is Leader TFTM Brawl? If he's not enormously bigger, I may consider it.

10. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    I have him, but I forget how tall he is. While he's not really tall (compared to other leaders), he's pretty beefy and big. I actually use G1 Brawl as WFC Brawl. I just attached his double-barreled vehicle gun to his back and robot mode and voila.