Customs: wfc skywarp from supreme starscream

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by skywarp1016, Feb 26, 2011.

1. skywarp1016

skywarp1016 Banned

Ebay:
    well i decided to go wfc rather than go g1 looks better and i have g1 skywarp so wanted to try it out first repaint i think it looks good what ya think

Attached Files:

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Now that you have work done, this goes in RC, I think.

Secondly, it looks like it's your first custom. Now do you see why I said start small? This looks like chunks of colour slapped together, none of the detail on the mould shows through at all. If you'd done a smaller TF it wouldn't be as noticeable. I realise you have painted in the lines between panels, but it looks like you used a really thick pen/brush, which ends up looking slightly, um, horrendous. That and it's black, and lining in black is rarely ever good. Use grays.

I say go look up tutorials on dry brushing (I used Jin's tutorial at Jin Saotome's Dangerous Toys! Custom action figures, Marvel Legends, Transformers, guides), washing, and just paint in the finer detail. There are a lot of moulded bits here and there on that mold, faux cable, pneumatics, panel lines, that need to be seen. And not in black or silver or purple. Paint in the details in a colour that's not prominent on the character already. Some yellows, reds, copper even would take you far.

Also, gloss paints never work on such a big project. And I can see it was a gloss black you used, due to the camera flash being quite distinctive. Use flat black. Gloss at that scale doesn't work, trust me. Your purple, it looks like Tamiya's purple, no? I'll not go into why I hate that purple, but there's a good reason for it.

3. skywarp1016

skywarp1016 Banned

Ebay:
    so in turn what your saying is because the black is gloss and you hate the purple and because i didnt use none main colors on him hes shit wow take a look at wfc skywarp once or twice not to many differant colors on him maybe more purple and silver and thats bout it and seeing how the toy itself didnt have individually painted lines it looks damn good

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Relax. I'm not saying it's crap, I'm just saying that there are lot of things that could be improved. ;)