wfc-siege-leader-Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Arduous, Dec 28, 2018.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That eye lights up under any light, it's amazing.

SiegeShockwave.png

• Like Like x 12
  2. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Lots of great shots on here. Would anyone with the FOC Shockwave mind doing a side by side comparison with the base robot mode of the Siege figure?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    There are a few posts on the previous page that have the two together, but not with the Siege one un-armored or not on his hoverboard.
    Siege Shockwave reminds me just how much I loathe the game design version. It was nice when it was first released as a rare mainline Shockwave, but man, that scrawny red-eyed design just never sat well with me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    shock.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. Ricardo Dawkins

Ricardo Dawkins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optibotimus and you are quite right... this thing should be VOYAGER CLASS. PERIOD!

• Like Like x 1
  6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Man, I haven't been able to put this guy down since I got him. Its strange since I'm not a huge fan of the character, nor did I expect to care that much for him in early pictures. But as of now, he's definitely in the top three of my favorite siege releases. I really expected to like magnus more haha.

Also, has anyone else noticed the differences in thigh swivels between the autobots and decepticons? All the decepticons released so far have a mid thigh cut, but the autobots all have their thigh swivel hidden behind the front of their thigh (the weaponizer not withstanding, since thats where it connects). Its kinda an interesting cohesion in design.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JackHunter

JackHunter Well-Known Member

I don't really get why people kept bummed by Shockwave's size, yes he's a Voyager size without attachments--- just like UM without his armor. Sure SW's got less volume then UM overall in armored mode, but these parts from his drone thing are much more interactive with other Siege line figures than UM's armor. I mean you can put SW's stuffs on almost any Siege figure and make a cool mode out of it, whereas the UM armor (not guns and weapons) can only be equipped by himself.

Also I note that if you compare the stand alone alt modes of SW and UM, UM just doesn't look good with his arms sticking out in the back, when SW's own ship/gun mode is commonly accepted by consumers. By the criteria above, UM is an integrated, inseparable leader class figure selling at $50, and SW is a voyager class figure selling with a weaponizer who don't have a bot mode (that actually makes it look better when used as parts) as a pack at $30+$20=$50. So, why the complaints?

• Like Like x 8
  8. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

Three words:
    Sense
    Of
    Entitlement

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  9. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Thanks! That's exactly what I was after.

I might now have to shunt my FOC Shockers over to the TF: Prime shelf where he'll fit nicely alongside my deluxe Megs and Starscream, and get this guy for the CHUG collection.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Shockwave is not Voyager sized, though. He's close, but he's not quite there. (which is a good thing IMO, as Shockwave to me was never as tall as Megs or Optimus) and the weaponizer is really not that large or elaborate compared to an actual deluxe weaponizer.

Don't get me wrong, I really love this figure, but you're skewing things a bit to fit, and I can totally understand why (especially compared to the brick that is Magnus) Shockwave feels light for the price tag to a lot of people.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I don't own either Magnus or Shockwave yet and the fact that you can attach the Shockwave parts to other people makes him more attractive than another Ultra Magnus. The problem is Shockwave doesn't really feel like he's worth $50 (frankly neither does Magus, but that's for a different reason).

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was never a fan of the FoC mold - way too skinny. Actually I find that line to be the modern low point in tf collecting.

Soooo happy to have a Shockwave that is both good and not Legends size.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JackHunter

JackHunter Well-Known Member

Since you mentioned, what is the specific criteria to be a "Voyager sized"? Is there certain height or weight needs to be reached? There must be if you can saythe words "He is NOT" like that.

That's exactly what I feel about the size! He's quite good in size as Shockwave! Why would anyone want him to be taller without others get to be taller than they are now as well?

Weaponizer without a bot mode can avoid many awkwardness in design, like the weapon handle can be in proper position, and there would not be an extra barrel pointing in your face if you try to aim with that thing. Yeah, I'm talking about Cog's arms as rifles, they can't be held properly by almost anyone, pegging them in holes on the side of forearm looks better, but they still extent too far back if you ask me. I mean, have you seen any really cool weaponized mode by using Cog? From what I see people create cool/interesting modes with Shockwave's equipment far more often. You lose some and you gain some, that's all I wanted to say.

Wait, me, skewing things to fit? Did you see that statement claiming Shockwave is only 5mm taller than Cog?

Not that I don't have any thoughts on what we've got versus what we could have got: I think Shockwave is originally designed to have much more components. Check out those tight ratchet knee joints, have you ever wonder why he have those? That's something not even UM has been given to, and they're not related to transformation either so they're not designed for alt-mode stability, they are designed solely to make Shockwave sustain his PLANNED WEIGHT when standing in PLANNED full-armed mode. This, is my real complain on this Shockwave after I played with it: If this figure is not complete, save it for later waves lol, I don't mind the price that much, just hit me with the full-package!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My issues with the comparison figures are that they are hollow as hell. Jetfire? Wow, if the argument is size over heft I guess so as I assume they weigh roughly the same.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voyager class, leader class...some made up class...it would have costed $50 for the whole package at the end of the day regardless.
    It’s all semantics.

It seems like people are more upset over the precedent it sets rather than what they are actually getting inside the box.
    Hopefully he gets sold separately later on for those who really do not want the weapons and attachments

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Space gun mode wins
    IMG_5746.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pros:
    * Full-on "looks the part" of a good Shockwave toy
    * Light-piped eye works excellently, even without much light. Seems like a fiber-optic-ish effect.
    * 'totally-not-a-gun-it's-a submarine' mode is decent, and the expanded starship mode is quite nice, looking like some Decepticon ship Floro Dery might have designed for the third season of the cartoon.
    * I enjoyed the extra armor pieces more than I expected to, as they offer many options beyond the official modes, not to mention as add-ons to toys other than Shockwave.
    * Solid design with minimal hollow bits.

Cons: (or nitpicks, whatever.)
    * I echo the sentiment that he could've been bigger in my subjective view, like a bit beefier if not necessarily taller.
    * The surface detailing feels a bit overdone to me, but not horribly so.
    * I wish the "arm hose" was better, either offering better options for the non-robot modes or just reworking the thing so on end of it didn't have to be moved around.
    * Another Siege "ankle tilts but won't go forward or back" toy.

Overall: I totally get why many have a problem with this Shockwave as a leader-class under the current pricing structure, as even with the armor and weapon pack, it seems to come up a bit short, if you'll pardon the expression. I imagine this toy as a victim of those marketing people who say there shouldn't be too many similar things on the shelf at the same time, and Siege was already going to have Megatron AND Starscream AND Soundwave (AND whatever recolors of them) at the Voyager price class, so Shockwave got bumped up. Regardless, it's pretty much the best non-Masterpiece Shockwave toy in recent memory, and good enough that I no longer desire the "darker purple plus version" Masterpiece Shockwave toy.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow didn't know they had archery on Cybertron
    IMG_5747.JPG

• Like Like x 20
  19. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron but dislikes TR Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    First off, as a Shockwave fan, I was always going to buy this figure and love it (as long as there was nothing obviously wrong with it...though I would still buy it). I find the spaceship alt mode refreshing from the standard "the toy can't be a gun anymore so let's make it a tank" (I'm looking at you too Megatron). I also gotta hand it to Hasbro for making a way that Shockwave can have a "upside down submarine" alt mode that is still close in homage to the original toy. I would also agree that this toy is probably the best retail Shockwave we have had for awhile.

That said, I personally kinda wish he didn't have the extra weaponizer parts for a couple reasons: 1. The fact that he would cost less wouldn't hurt 2. I am not going to use them much. I just want the base Shockwave for my shelf so all those extra parts are probably going to go in a box since space is limited enough already. Still, I'm not too broken up about it because the base toy is solid and do find the weaponizer parts fun in their own way.

Unfortunately/fortunately, mine was misassembled and has 2 right knees. It's unfortunate because the leg part doesn't close completely but fortunate because it's actually still stands straight, doesn't impact transformation, and has an extra point of articulation.

Attached Files:

20. rootytooty

rootytooty Well-Known Member

You can really see the envy on optimus there.

• Like Like x 2