Heavy/Scratch: WFC Ravager Minion's Soundwave mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

EDIT: WFC Ravager Minion Thread

Hey all! It's really encouraging to see so many replies to my Shapeways projects, and one frequently asked question was: "Will there be a minion for WFC Soundwave?". Well, there is. In fact, it is the base model for AM Tread Partner and therefore predecessor to Wolf TM.

It is the WFC Ravager Minion. It is designed to fit in WFC Soundwave's chest, and here is the mod you need to make that happen!

Step 1: Remove the Screw

[​IMG]

Step 2: Glue and Dremel

[​IMG]

Place glue where the green line is. The idea is to glue the clear purple piece to the blue piece. Be warned, the purple is polycarbonate, and some glues will leave residue on such plastics. I used Zap-A-Gap CA, so i know that works, don't know about other glues, though.

Dremel away the part in red. Make sure the hinge is intact. The idea is simply to get more room for the Minion.

Step 3: Mod Finished!

[​IMG]

Step 4: Inserting WFC Ravager Minion

[​IMG]

Please take note of the direction the WFC Ravager Minion is facing when inserted into Soundwave. I will, for the sake of clarity, be painting an Arrow onto my copy of WFC Ravager Minion, to illustrate the point, as soon as i can.

Step 5: Closed

[​IMG]

I'll be honest: There's a small gap. I know. But it's not really that noticeable in real life, unless you deliberately look for it.

So there you have it. A WFC Ravager Minion for WFC Soundwave. Fits in the chest, and turns from a cat into a SSD (Solid State Drive). I'll be painting mine very soon, and i'll keep ya posted. :) 

Mod does not affect transformation. Soundwave can achieve vehicle mode with WFC Ravager Minion inside.

Attached Files:

2. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    wow cool, where can i get ravager?

3. Treadshot A1

There's another thread in Radicons Customs for Ravager. He is available from Shapeways (link in that thread), for $8 iirc. :) 

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    OW F*CKBALLS... this is an tripple interactive homemade minion!

5. struecker85

struecker85 Autobot

cool

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Like we said in another thread, now you've got so much stuff available, you ought to put a link to your shop in your sig, so it's easy for people to access it...

Glad you managed to get Rav to fit in there. Is there no way of altering the model to make it fit without modding Soundwave?

7. Treadshot A1

The model itself is actually very compact already, with almost no gaps in SSD mode. To remodel Ravager to fit in an unmodded Soundwave would be a whole redesign, and even i can't figure out how i'd go about doing that.

Also, i really recommend doing this mod, as i have an upcoming WFC Gorilla Minion coming, and he will need this mode to fit in Soundwave's chest as well.

Also, i am trying to add a link in my Sig, but what link do i use? I can link to a certain model, but what's the hyperlink to my shop? EDIT: Got the link, putting it in my sig.

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It's A1 Kitbashing by Treadshot A1 on Shapeways
    Click that; there's your URL. ;) 
    Might be an idea to reorganise your shop a bit, though; at the moment all the stuff you're showing off here is at the back. If you edit your shop, there's a section near the bottom where you can re-arrange the order in which items are displayed.

9. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    can we see cat mode? i'd be all over this.

10. Treadshot A1

MP, click the link at the top of the OP. That has pics of the painted Ravager.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Shapeways is really starting to kill my wallet

12. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    whats the gorilla minion i see on your shapeways page?

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It's the gorilla minion on his Shapeways page. You pretty much answered your own question. :p 

14. Treadshot A1

Gorilla is my next minion. It's still a design, i spent 1.5 hours last night designing it from scratch, and it hasn't been tested yet. As soon as it is, i'll report back with whether it works and/or is available for sale.