Minor/Repaint: WFC Ravage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by BigBadBoombox, Oct 11, 2010.

1. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

So I got to thinking, WFC gave Soundwave all his minions, less ravage. About a week ago I run into a legends ravage and I thought..."hey with a little scuplting, this would make a pretty darn good WFC ravage. Still need to do a few touchups, minute sanding and a clearcoat.

So...Pretty basic. Hotknifed off the head "fins", then took a bit of Fimo and just smoothed out a basic cat snout. I took just the tips of hobby knife blades to inset the eyes and do a hair of lining on top of the head. Also dropped the tail club, thought it would take a bit of the movie style. Tamiya black, Chrome silver and Gunmetal grey, traditional g1 color scheme. No vehicle pics just yet, I have a bit of sanding to do to make if "flow" a bit better while retaining the cat snout.

I like this one so far, but I'm going to do an additional resculpt because I know I can do a better one.

Anyway Enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

Yep yep. I am going to go the same route. Always nice to see someone else do it incase it dosn't turn out great. :D . But it did. I especially like what you did with the face. Although I think I am gunna have to through the lavender bits in so I can get mine a little more WFC. Nice touch losing the tail club too.

3. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

Purple bits...hmmm. I may have to bust out a black light and see what colors react. Maybe do as dab here or there...

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Nice concept. It's a shame we don't have Ravage to reference from the game. The eyes look a little big on the head.That's the only problem I have with it. Overall, nice job.

5. Fiskone

Fiskone Aerosol Artist

looks great really nice work. my only gripe tho is that ravage still looks a bit too bayverse mainly just the body. maybe you just have to smooth out the ribs and make it more like a robot cat and not a starving cat. still tho great work im goin to have to take a stab at this now