Minor/Repaint: WFC Prime Repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PkmnMstr, Sep 11, 2010.

1. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

I finished this guy a while ago and just didn't feel like posting it. It is a very Nemesis Prime-esque repaint, but I do not consider him Nemesis Prime. I did the shield mod on this guy as well. The paint scheme is very similar to my WFC Bumblebee repaint. I rather enjoy the black w/ red accent scheme and I plan to do it with WFC Megatron and Soundwave when I get my hands on them. Funny thing is, black/red repaints are fairly common for these characters i.e. Nemesis Prime, Stealth mode Bumblebee, Shadow Megatron, and Soundblaster. I want to make the 4 of them a factionless group of vigilantes. Maybe give them a team name that revolves around Stealth or Ninja.

I am aware that my paint skills are still very amateur, and some of the paint apps are terrible. Until I have money/skill for a better method, this is how my repaints will be. Criticism is welcome.

On a side note, I have a Green HA Bumblebee WIP. I'll probably name him Wasp, opposed to Waspinator as that was his former name in Animated.

Attached Files:

2. imoff2186

imoff2186 Well-Known Member

very cool! stupid question... any plans on doing a tutorial?

3. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Looks pretty decent man, paint apps are nice. You really don't need advanced tools or anything. I went out and bought quite a nice and EXPENSIVE airbrush with a compressor and other gadgets and I really don't use it as much as I thought I would. Most of my painting is done by hand brushes and a steady hand.

PM me if you ever need help. Otherwise, keep at it this one looks good!

4. PkmnMstr

Alright, then scratch the equipment part and just leave skill. I have yet to try brushes.

5. PkmnMstr

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    The black is cool. Maybe call him Shadow Prime. As for the reds, maybe do red washes in the lines, that way it looks cleaner.

Green BB? I like the name Wasp better then Waspinator. Wasp sounds evil while Waspinator sounds like a stupid Terminator rip off.

7. PkmnMstr

Yeah, I've been meaning to learn how to wash. I saw this one thread of a Legends Devastator simply washed in black and I thought it looked really cool. I've been wanting to try that myself now that I have both Legends Devastators.

8. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Very cool take in Prime, but the Red paint is a Bit Floppy, but this is nothing which cannot Be corrected

9. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    that's fantastic!

10. PkmnMstr

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out a way to make it better, but the paint I am using causes the paint under it to come off/blend.

Thanks.