Minor/Repaint: WFC Prime ingame axe WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Detroa, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi everyone, first time posting one of my customs here, but I hope it's the first from a long list. :) 

Like many people, I was amazed by the WFC Prime figure when I got it, the only very bad point in my opinion being his little gun that looks way different from anything seen in the game. So I decided my Prime needed a better looking weapon and while I do like the design of some firing weapon like the ion blaster, I thought giving my figure an axe would be cooler so here's my take on it. When I look at it now, I think it could have been larger (it seems a little "slim" compared to the ingame one) but I'm still happy with it. I'll probably wait for the United version of the figure to get released before painting it so I'll be able to give it colors appropriate with this version of the figure. Or maybe I'll paint this one now and I'll make another one for the United Prime, I'm not decided yet. Anyway, here are the pictures (sorry for the quality, I had to put the flash on because it was pretty dark today and didn't have room to fit my lightbox on my desk).

c&c welcome

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

That's awesome, I want one!

Any hints on how you made it? I know the blades are styrene but what did you use for the handle?

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

lovin the axe.

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    yep this is nice... i was thinking of making almost every weapon ... i unlocked the art in the game, but could screenshot it :(  Grrr.... doe anyone have those weapon art works?

5. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone,

The blades and central parts are frome styrene, the little conehead and grey part coming from the big round part to the central blade piece come from a little missile I got in a used accessories lot, no idea where it came from. The big round part with the for little "blade things" comes from a Neoshifter gun and the main hande is made from Energon Shockblast missile but a lot of missile would do the trick, I used this one because it fitted Prime hands with enough grip to not modifiy its diameter any further.

G60Force, I don't have the artworks but I used some pictures I found online, here they are, I hope it can help:

http://palgn.com.au/media/pics_inside/art_16898_id_22_mw_520.jpeg
    http://static.strategyinformer.com/r/article_images/original/183.jpg
    http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/28297/1370950-1273085740_5231_01_0043_20100316_5ihd1_super.jpg

6. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks great, the gun he comes with is the standard machine gun from the game, too bad soundwave and bee didn't come with some of the actual weapons

7. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm wrong but all the Prime guns I remember from the game were way bigger and were put all around the arm instead of having any handle.

Anyway, I didn't like the ingame machine gun either, if I was making a gun for him, it would probably be the ion blaster. :wink: 

8. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I love this. It's a great size for his axe, and really stands out with how you sculpted it. Can't wait for the paint!