2D Artwork: WFC Octane/Tankor Concept

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by scorpio-prime, Feb 1, 2011.

1. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Possibly my favourite G1 Triple Changer, I had the idea for this guys Cybertronian modes in mind ever since WFC was released and thought I'd share them here. I'm no artist, but reckon these drawings give a decent feel for his appearance and transformations (Note that he is meant to be roughly the same size as Optimus, also, due to the fact that he has no trailer but still needs to maintain his functionality as a fueler, he carrys TWO short fuel tanks around on his back in all modes).

[​IMG]

Truck to Jet:

1. The cab splits in two down the centre to form the wings.
    2. The fuel tanks swing up and over, bringing with them the jet cockpit (disguised as a large thruster in truck mode) which clips onto the front.
    3. The Decepticon logos on the tanks and rotated 180 so they're the right way up.
    4. Both sides of the coupling section at the back are rotated outwards, and the fins flipped out.

Truck to Robot:

1. Split the cab once again, the robot mode torso, head and arms are folded out from their hidden compartment.
    2. The entire rear coupling section flips down and under the torso to form the legs.
    3. The fuel tanks are swung downwards and clip onto the rear of the torso.

The design would no doubt require plenty of editting to make sure everything fits and works as described, but overall I think its a pretty workable idea.

Attached Files:

2. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

im interested i guess i need to buy a wfc prime and a generations seeker
    and some styrene

3. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

I'd warn you in advance that this would be a serious challenge if you wanted to turn it into a custom. I reckon its a workable enough idea, but only a particularly experinced basher could pull it off.