WfC Multiplayer: What am I doing wrong?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Spekkio, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

To some extent this is a rant, and to some extent it's an honest question...I am just getting ridiculously frustrated with War for Cybertron's online multiplayer mode - particularly Team Deathmatch.

Thus far, I have managed to level up all my classes to 16, save for soldier, which is on the cusp of 16. And I will admit that I have little experience with modern first person shooters.

That said, here are some examples of the problems I'm having.

Scenario 1: I spot an enemy player before they spot me. I'm armed with a scoped weapon (scout/scientist or pickup). I take aim...fire...get a hit...and they don't die. Not even close. They come rushing at me, I switch to a close range weapon and start shooting...maybe score a hit or two...maybe use shockwave, toss grenades, start swinging...and yet somehow they manage to kill me with one punch.

Scenario 2: As a tank, I spot an enemy player, get them in my crosshairs, and I hit them with a barrage of cannon fire or a hailstorm of bullets. I know that not every shot can hit, but some of them must. Despite my best efforts, they return fire and/or rush me and still manage to kill me anyway.

Scenario 3: As a cloaked scout, I sneak up behind a foe and pump them full of buckshot or I have at them with my blades. They survive, turn around, and (again, despite best efforts to finish the job) they kill me.

I mean, I feel like I'm trying everything, and nothing seems to work. Sticking by other players doesn't work...then we both get killed. Retreating and searching for Energon doesn't work, because more often than not someone finds and kills me just before I can grab a cube. Hit and run doesn't seem to work. Standing my ground doesn't seem to work. Rushing at them doesn't work. Running backward to stay out of melee distance doesn't work. GameFAQs doesn't have any helpful hints on how to survive in multiplayer mode, let alone thrive.

Any suggestions? Tips? Hints? Tricks? Or am I doomed to be a WfC jobber?

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

You need to level up your dude a little bit. It'll be tough going for the first bit, but you'll eventually get upgrades and powers that work together so you kick tons of ass. Also, when they get to close for comfort, hit them before they hit you. It sounds like you are getting killed by a lot of cheap-ass melee noobs. I say find the high ground and snipe from there. With a sniper rifle, aim a little bit forward of your opponent and shoot where he is going to be, not where he actually is.

Utilize your alt-mode, stay near the health, learn where overshields and ammo are and get to them before everyone else. Always pick up weapons, and don't camp in just random places. If you need to stand still, do it near health, and choke points like the elevator shaft on Orbital Debris. Always keep your eyes on that elevator, too. Keep on your toes. There is no radar, so you have no idea when someone will jump you.

Also stick near team mates. If the other team is divided, and you are united, it's clear who will win.

Use your abilities often. Mark target and cloak with a couple upgrades for each can cause a lot of damage. You'll be taking down soldiers in a couple hits as a scout with the right combination of weapons, abilities, and upgrades.

There are so many strategies you can use, but the best is to stay out of the fray and attack from afar if you are a weaker class. The stronger classes like soldiers, feel free to go Rambo on 'em, but still be careful.

3. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Suck less? No, just practice more...get into a private match w a friend and see how each gun works, and how much it takes to kill someone...

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    You're the one in ten people who WFC multiplayer has decided to hate. Probably because of your connection speed. Be prepared for many more matches of unloading a gun into someone, only to have them casually turn around and one-shot you.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    You're playing it.

6. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

^ your always so positive :lol 

7. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Are you aiming for their HEADS?

They might be aiming for YOURS.

8. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Super helpful, guys. Thanks.

9. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have 3 classes at 20ish and the only one I don't regularly get raped on is the Leader Class.

10. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    As a player I recomend the leader so you can get used to the controls.

With a scientist always choose your battles wisely if your going into a battle agains 2-3 enemys (or a leader or tank) throw down a repair grenade and use your abilitys wisely like if someone gets to close for comfort use your shockwave

As a scout use your cloaking to your advantage and sneak up on enemys then quikly move away and circle them. As with snipers always aim for heads as they can kill another scout or scientist in one shot (if you hit the head)

As a leader well I cant really say anything apart from use war cry and if your not very good use the magma frag and always put thermo mines round corners

As a solider try your best to get into close combat as they can do major damage when you get close with whirlwind as well can do major damage and if your struck for ammo use the ammo abilty so you can get ammo fast

Here are some good helpfull videos

Transformers War for Cybertron Soldier Tips & Tricks - Demolishor & Scattershot Gameplay Commentary - YouTube

Transformers War for Cybertron Scout Tips & Tricks - Sideswipe Gameplay Commentary - YouTube

(The commentator isnt good with a scout so he cant give you to many tips :3)

Transformers War for Cybertron Leader Tips & Tricks - Onslaught Gameplay Commentary - YouTube

Transformers War for Cybertron Scientist Tips & Tricks - Gameplay Commentary w/ All Characters - YouTube

11. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    The Leader Class was the first class I got super used to. I could take on the best of the best with my Leader. But I have now gotten used to all the other classes. An important thing I can tell you is don't stop moving jumping, dashing, transformering all of these things give you evasion and make you harder to hit. Also I figured out a long time ago that you can Aim your melee attack so that they can hit an certain ways that they didn't know you could.

Also practice with the weapons A shotgun to the head is super effective.

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I've always noticed a pattern, and here's some proof it's true.
    But first I'll say, THE SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME. I've watched SooooMungry's videos over and over, I try everything, I always get killed. If I'm a monster Leader with Frag, Warcry + Rage, Moleculon Bomb AND Fusion Cannon, I move in for the DEMOLITION, get ambushed while attacking a lone 'Con, die.

As a Soldier, basically I just get ambushed, too. Lately I'm doing a lot better than my WHOLE FREAKING TIME on PC, especially with Soldier, but here's the proof I was talking about earlier:

I was in a match against a bunch of Prime modes, my team was only okay, I was a Scientist, Lvl 24, getting ambushed here and there, rarely getting a kill, then one point, *kill* *LEVEL UP! 25* And then the first thing that happened was I found myself with a Nucleon Shock Cannon. I demolished everyone right back as soon as I got to level 25.
    I was amazed. I've always wondered if there was some secret upgrade you get from making 25, and then I got to Level 25, demolished everyone in the SAME match where I JUST got demolished.

There's something fishy going on. Ever since, Scientist has been my best class. I'll see how that goes when I level something ELSE up to 25...

But, yeah. I quit PC at my Scout's Level 16. Got a PS3. Doing better at 23/24/25 levels. But primarily, the problem is that the PC always puts the best players ON ONE SINGLE FREAKING TEAM. And it's never mine.
    And that everybody is invincible. Except me.

But I know the primary way to stay on your game is to dodge, flank, and make sure they can't hit you. Oh, and stay with a LOT of other players.

13. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    My only advise for you OP is this..... "Think like a Cybertronian"... or "think like you're a living breathing robotic organism fighting a civil war"... when i play, specially scientist or leader, i usually channel the scene from Transformers 2007 when Starscream was pawning all those F22s in mid-air, or Barricade and Megatron growling, or Starscream harassing the insect sam... but i guess each player has their own style and talent.. i know for one some people i know who can manage Modern Warfare team deathmatches because they think and imagine theyre soldiers... me i just know i'll always suck with MW... but then once they are on Cybertron (playing WFC), they start to fail (although playing as scout, theyre still excellent with hard scoping and soft scoping using the null ray). me im the other way around, but i guess because i find these human-based FPS to be so slow for my tastes so i have your same frustrations that youre dealing with when im playing Modern Warfare 3 and 4 and no matter what I couldn't consistently score because I just don't feel the character I'm in.....

it worked for me. hope it works for you too.

nuff said.

14. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Me too.
    I wonder if me and him both use Virgin Mobile Wireless Hotspot?

15. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    heres a couple more tips:

Leader - magma frag launcher, fusion cannon, moleculon bomb, two grenades, rage... the Leader, i use this as a last option. this is my nuclear weapon. i know it's a cheap way to get kills, but it is highly effective, and for the record i have no problems with this class and i don't think they are overpowered... even under warcry/rage, they can still be neutralized and harassed by snipers... and scouts more often than not can kill them with one melee attack..

Scientist - the class that up til recently i've had the most fun with up til recently when i got frustrated with the leader owning them when the leaders power up so i cannot use my killer combo anymore of health ray, emp shotgun, drain, machine gun sentry, sentry power core, rapid recharge, and the ability that makes your health ray reach longer ranges... this is the combo that i call the scout killer...

so i played with the abilities and weapons, and now, since most of the times recently i find matches with a bunch of leaders in the opposing group, i just use the Scientists's long range scoped rifle (forgot the name but you'll know it), the health ray, shockwave, machine gun sentry, ability that increases the effective range of your shockwave, rapid recharge... this combo at least neutralizes the power of the leader as it gets you in farther distances while you snipe and harass them and specially in maps like Gorge and Orbital Debris, the leaders can't do crap about them since their magma launchers can reach them at higher altitudes thats why when i see them warcry and power up while i'm on a tower, i laugh at them and just start sniping away and i've killed so many leaders already doing this lol...

but there are maps specifically tailored for each of the classes i think... Gorge is the perfect map for scientists and scouts... Orbital Debris is the perfect map for scientists... the leader can manage all maps with ease... i'm not really into the soldier class although players play them because of their own reasons lol

16. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Use mark target with a scout, that does it every time for me. Mark target and the energon pistol. For Soldiers I generally use the EMP shotgun, they come in close and BAM one hit kill. If that fails, melee them to finish them off. When playing a scientist, I'd use the ability that makes me change colors, get in close and wipe 'em out. Then fly away, resupply and try again.

17. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    I don't recommend the Frag Launcher, for it RAGES anyone you go murder on with it. It's cheap, pathetic, and it makes you look like a big ol' prick. Especially when you use it with Warcry, that usually literally falls under one-hit kill. Which is so unfair...

18. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I'm glad it's not just me. I'm not accusing anyone of cheating...I just don't understand it. It's not like I'm having huge problems with Escalation. I'm not great by any means, but I do OK. Yesterday, with a good team in a public match, we managed to get to level fourteen. (I played as Arcee, got the shotgun...cloak, sneak up behind the enemy, BANG. One-hit kill. Even works on Brutes. Beautiful.) Maybe that isn't horribly impressive, but I was pretty happy with it.

And no, I'm not on Virgin Mobile...I'm on Comcast.

I want to thank everyone who offered non-snarky advice. I didn't know you could aim melee attacks...clearly I need to practice that.

19. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    I know, I just get bashed up and demolished all the time. It's most embarrassing when you're totally PWNING someone, then someone else comes out of nowhere and melees you and you go FLYING across the map.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It's worse when you nudge past one of your allies and that sends you flying across the map.