WfC Multiplayer Advice

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by ZacWilliam, Jun 12, 2010.

1. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I'm enjoying the heck out of the WFC multiplayer demo, it's great fun, but I'll be honest... I've never really played an online Multiplayer FPS before and I'm kinda getting my tailpipe kicked a lot.

I'm playing Soldier mainly cause I figured being a noob means the more armor the better, but frequently I take three shots and explode before I can react, where I unload all my ammo on someone and nothing. I get destroyed from behind a lot before I can react. I also apparently frequently choose the absolute worst place to stand to get hit from all directions. (Still having fun anyway, which shows you it's a cool game)

I know some of it is just learning curve and I'll pick it up as I play more, but I figured I'd ask: Those of you who play FPSs and who are kicking @$$ on the WFC demo... Any advice to help a fellow Bot out? Any FPS tips or tricks, either in general or specific to WFC?

-ZacWilliam, thinking a headset might help courdinate but otherwise is open to suggestions.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  2. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tip 1: dont have hover aquiped, ammo thing is more important for spesials,
    tip 2: use wirlwind if you can see the whites of their eyes. (15 feet)
    tip 3: learn to kill while always moving. stand still and your dead
    tip 4: best soldier weapons are the scrapmaker and if an enemy is a vehicles use rocket launcher
    tip 5: i don't think tank modes are that great in combat, but then again i seen some people kick ass using them

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I disagree, there is plenty of Ammo around the map that the ammo beacon is pretty useless in the demo. Hover combined with the mini-gun is murder. Just don't be an idiot and hover in the center of the map orhovering when there is no one around. Cancel out of hover if you start getting blasted.

My biggest bit of advice. Transform a lot. I tear up games as a scout, mostly in vehicle mode. Know where the energon cubes(health) are and zoom around blasting people.

Stick with other players. Double teaming will destroy other bots in seconds. Try and go for the shield in the center of the map, its in the column that is holding up the bridge. People tend to forget about it.

4. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Well, Firstly your wrong when you say that the more armor the better. In fact,the more armor, the worser.It makes you slower, and you can't do all the crazt tactics that you can if you use a scout.

My tips;

1) Use a scout
    2) Learn to always be switiching from robot to vehicle to robot. I drive, transform, throw a grenade into a group of enemies and kill the most of them, transform, drive away, pickup health if i need it, and repeat. Driving is a very important part of WFC, because it gets you in and out of trouble.
    3) Use your abilities. Stealth has got to be the most useful ability ever created. When I throw a grenade, I go invisible and wipe out the enemies while they are blind.
    4) Learn to create your own moves. One of my moves in in vehicle mode, I boost,jump,and evade at the same time, then transform and double jump while'e I'm in the air. I can usually get you to the higest point of the map and/or out of trouble.
    5) Use melee plentifully

Its not that hard, but usuing a Soldier can be difficult. But if you use these tis you can start kicking some transisters. Normally I am 1st or 2nd place in the winners section,my highest kills so far is 20-25 range.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    1.) Always keep alert. There's no mini-map to hold your hand here so always stay alert. Especially when there are scouts around.

2.) Transformation is key. It can help you get out of trouble and is good for quick drive-by attacks. Make use of the jump and barrel roll features as well. It's better then boosting straight away and hoping you don't get killed.

3.) Keep an eye on any dropped weapons. Scouts can pick up soldier weapons and vice-versa. If I see a scrapmaker, I automatically drop my current weapon for it.

4.) Know where energon and ammo chips are. You'll have an advantage if you know where things that can help you are on the level.

5.) Don't be afraid to melee. Doing so causes a good amount of damage and can lead to quick kills.

6. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is basically how I play. Also with the right perks going stelth with the scout is fun

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Teamwork is essential. I've observed that without it, things don't go so well for your team. Always try and stick with at least one other teammate.

8. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

Team work and communication.

Learn what class suits you, but also keep in mind that sometimes picking something different is good to. I been kicking butt with both scout and soldier class. I see what the enemies are doing and I try to counter it. Alot of people been doing the cloak and strike wit the scout, and if you have good eyes, a couple shouts wit the minigun from the solder will get em.

Learn all the perks and which one work best for you.

Keep moving and stay aware. If you playing conquest and you seeing a spot is being taken but noone is there, they will be more then likely invisible, throw a grenade to flush em out and then finish em off.

9. super mecha

super mecha Well-Known Member

I use scout, best game i ever had was 16-0. My way is to pick up a minigun. Also know where all the items are. One last thing is that i never fight a battle i know i can't wind. If i see a tank winding up, I am out of there even if i am close to getting a double kill

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Use the left trigger to aim short bursts of fire. Just shooting is inaccurate, but when you line up shots with LT, its more effective It takes time to master, but if you're noobish to shooters, use the scout. The cloaking ability will allow you to get the first few shots and give you more of a fighting chance.

11. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 things I would suggest based on what I'm seeing so far in the game:

1 - don't rush into things guns blazing. sneak up on the enemy if you can, and pick your battles. You do a lot more good in a game by surviving and reducing the amount of kills that the other team gets than you do rushing in and attacking, thinking that you are assisting with a lot of kills, but you still end up getting blown to pieces.

2 - remember you have a melee attack for close range, but don't rely on it too much. One game I had the other day had one player constantly trying to slash everyone down with the energon sword, and he got his skidplate handed to him for it

12. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

#1 tip:

As fast as this game appears to be, running in is the wrong way to play. Even as a soldier, it doesn't work. I spend 75% of my time driving through the side corridors getting behind the enemy team. I didn't do that the first two days but people have gotten smart and are sticking in groups now, so I have to. Peek around corners, attack enemies only when they get isolated. Generally what I try to do is keep track of the battles going on with the majority of my team by watching from afar and taking pot shots with the scout pistol or soldier's tank cannon, and when an enemy transforms and runs because their health is low, I'm waiting and ready to blast them before they can get to a health pick-up.

I had an absolutely hilarious instance today where an enemy scout ran into a soldier and came out of the encounter the worse for wear, transformed and ramped off the central area using the jump button and was flying through the air. I one-shotted them with the scout's pistol and they died in mid-air, and their body continued on the arc and landed ON the health pick up that would have saved them.

I don't think I've been anything but the top player on my team for all of today, at all. I can't actually remember ever doing this well with a game in multiplayer.

It's arcade style gameplay for sure...but it's not a button mashing random luck affair. There are DEFINITE uses for strategy. Never ever underestimate a soldier's grenade. They might only have one of them, but I've seen that thing take out 3 uninjured players at once.

13. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    l once seen a scout car duck under a tank barrel as they shot each other, because the tank cant aim down, the car didnt get a scratch.

14. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    General Tips:

For the love of god stick with your team mates. Don't run to the same spot where the enemy team is camping after you die without back up and a plan.

For that matter, don't keep running at a camper on the upper floors who has a scrapmaker, a ammo beacon, and hover. He will always kill you if you just run at him head on. Some guy I was playing against kept doing that all the matches I played with him. My team was feeding them kills because they would rush to the same spot they died and just get picked off again. :|

I see Teamwork lacking in this game. I just end up tagging along with someone else whether they want me or not. Unless your an invisible scout don't run off on your own. Make it a point to find a buddy or two.

Tips for a Soldier:

Hover and Whirlwind can be canceled by transforming. If you see that someone got out of the way of your circle of rape or you are a sitting duck hovering just transform and find cover.

Your special Vehicle maneuver is a quick 180. Master this. Surprise someone you know is right on your tail, spin around and tank blast them. It works.

Don't jump with the Scrapmaker, it just stops the gun from firing makes it less accurate again.

Tips as a Scout:

The plasma charging gun is not total crap. Use it as a finisher when you aren't the main target in a team fight and charge before the main encounter begins. It's quite powerful for burst damage.

Decoy + Cloak + tight corridor = free kill for anybody who sets it up right. You can drop a decoy while cloaked without disrupting it. You can fool an enemy to back track into it as well.

Use the dash to barrel roll when boosting and when you aren't boosting use it to dart behind cover or dodge quickly into a boost.

Also, I image the Rocket launcher is supposed to rape fliers who stay in vehicle mode too long.

15. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "circle of rape" :rock 

I found a shield under the bridge middle support beam, and that makes for a nice killstreak for you if you don't waste it. Now, I'll race to it from the beginning. It's worth it.
    *Seven found it before me, I see now.

16. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another little tip, as a scout the second you can, get your hands on an EMP shotgun, the big shotty of the soldiers. It beats the hell out of the scatter gun and 1 hit kills most at the range you'd usually find yourself using it in. Especially nice against those assholes who refuse to use guns and just run around meleeing everyone. Put it in their face or against a soldier in whirlwind and it's an easy kill.

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is going to be so useful if you kill a scientist with the healing gun. Imagine a leader or a scout healing people. Picking up weapons that aren't supposed to be yours is awesome.

18. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I finally got good with the Scout, but I still use Soldier more. My advice is:

Scrapmaker as main gun, EMP Shotgun as second. The Scrapmaker takes a second to build up but it wins most firefights from a reasonable distance if you keep firing in succession (not bursts) and strafe around until you empty the thing or kill the guy. I got 16 kills earlier by mainly sticking to that tactic.

Keep the whirlwind attack for emergencies, because you'll win just about any melee battle if you use it with full health. It's great to use when you're surrounded and you can take out a few enemies with it.

If you switch to the Scout, it's all about cloaking and sneaking. I prefer shotgun or melee when you can get close enough, the sniping isn't so good in the game, in my opinion. I stick to the default weapon set up for Scouts. It's harder to use these guys, I think, if you usually like to play up close and personal, because even though they're better at close range, you can't take a hit very well, and if you run around uncloaked Soldiers can cream you pretty easily.

My best K/D spread today was 11/2 and the most I've gotten so far is 16 kills. I also went on a 9 kill no death streak. I'm feeling pretty good about the game right now, I get killed far less than I do in Halo.