Customs: WFC Mind Controlling Bug Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Treadshot A1, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Now on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/model/227112/wfc_mind_controlling_bug.html?gid=ug25757

Hi! Well, Insect Leader came in recently, and that got me to thinking. Where's the other two? Where's the beetle and the grasshopper? Well, thankfully Rodentus Prime had a very nice model of the Mind Controlling Bug, so i decided to take him up on his offer and use some parts from it. This is the result:

[​IMG]

So, this kit is another WFC BB/CJ Conversion Kit. It comes in 5 parts, to create 3 main components: Head, Gun and Cannon. The head and gun is what you see at the bottom right. They are designed to simply replace the existing head and gun respectively. The remaining three pieces assemble together to make the cannon. The black part at the back is the Mind Controller Adaption Profile (MCAP), which is what gets glued onto BB/CJ. The gray piece in the bottom left attaches to the MCAP using that little rod you see between the two. That serves to make a hinge, so Mind Controlling Bug can shoot both opposing cars and planes. In robot mode, the cannon ends up on his back, sticking up behind his head, to try and emulate G1's silhouette as best as possible. However, the hinge allows one to rotate the cannon down to give an overhead cannon in robot mode. Because more firepower never hurts anyone...except the Autobot that gets shot. ;) 

There is one thing to note about the screenshot: The yellow. The gun handle is partially yellow, and there is a hole on the MCAP that is yellow as well. That is simply there to show how the gun will stow when it's not being used. The hole is drilled all the way through, so you can stow it one whichever side you wish. :) 

Obviously, i can't take all the credit for this model. Rodentus Prime made most of the Bombshell specific parts, which are exceptional (almosts makes my stuff redundant! :lol ) and very detailed. I simply scaled them and added the hinge and ball joint socket in the head, and the added the MCAP to allow it to work with BB/CJ.

I haven't actually put this model up on Shapeways yet, as i want to get Rodentus Prime's opinion first, see if he wants to change anything about it, but as soon as all the red tape is a thing of the past, i hope to get this up for sale.

Attached Files:

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    interested in seeing this on the fig it looks fantatsic

3. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool - go for it, it will be interesting to see how this looks in the real world:thumb  I hope it goes ok through shapeways as I didn't model with that in mind and there may be some gaps or other issues with it - fingers crossed though.

4. Treadshot A1

I went through a few explosions and purges, but i think the conversion to STL really saved the day in terms of ridding the model of unnecessary walls. Anyways, its uploaded, thanks again bro!

5. Treadshot A1

Okay, well i've just put in the order for the Mind Controller Bug (among other things) conversion kit, so it should be here pretty soon. Hopefully it won't have any problems in terms of printing. :) 

6. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Pardon my ignorance....

Are these add-ons for WFC Bubblebee/Cliffjumper or the Classics ones?

Dex

7. Treadshot A1

These are for WFC. I posted a WFC Shrapnel in Radicons Customs which uses another similar conversion kit, the Insect Leader conversion kit. :) 

This is an example of my conversion kits, used to create WFC Shrapnel. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/382008-wfc-shrapnel.html

The kit in this thread is what I plan to use to make my Custom WFC not-Bombshell.

8. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Okay...that's pretty bitchin'.......

I may need to pick those kits up. I did check out your shop there. I'm diggin' the WFC Soundwave minions you have come up with. Do you happen to have any pics of those together and all painted up?

Sometimes I miss threads with there being so damn many of 'em!

9. Treadshot A1

10. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking forward to seeing this printed and put on the WFC bee figure. :)