WfC Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, May 30, 2010.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have read here the love-hate relationship with the RotF versions of Megatron. I am on the side that didn't care for either voyager or leader so i never got one.
    I have been looking at War for Cybertron Megs lately, thinking i may get him for my Movie collection. i just think it's cybertronian enough and looks much better than the RotF offerings.

i am willing to wait for more releases and if i see a WfC figure i really like, I'd get it to replace that Fallen i have never liked as well.

you can tell i am not collecting the WfC. unless there's a Warpath on its way to stores.

this idea seem reasonable?

2. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think there's anyone in this board that can tell you how to collect your stuff, if you like the toy, why not go for it? :) 

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suspect that you may come back to your movie shelf every so often and be perplexed as to why your WfC Megatron has fallen over, and wondering how your Ironhide or Starscream figures were adjusted into "laughing" poses...

Just teasing. :p  Do what you will, but a Deluxe "Movie Megatron" will look a little shrimpish.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I wouldn't. He would stand out a lot next to, say, Bludgeon, Starscream or Mindwipe.

But ultimately, you'll have to decide for yourself once he comes out.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, deluxe class is a bit small for a faction leader.
    i own the TFU SE megatron and the TFU Galvatron are both deluxe class figs.

i was just wondering if anyone else liked the look of the new Megatron figure enough that it would looked decent enough to put with the RotF line.

i wish we had something new in the voyager class that i could use instead of that WfC Megs, but haven't seen something i could use.

not yet, anyway.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll be surprised if they don't spring for a new Voyager AND Leader Megatron mold. If you've read any interviews with the Takara designers, you'll get that they have enormous pride in their work and they know when they've released a dud. Especially when it's really not their fault, but they are forced to cram design work due to the vagaries of filmmaking.

I LOVE the look of the new Megatron figure, but he doesn't say movieverse to me personally.

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really not that impressed with the new WFC megatron. But, in fairness I've never been a huge fan of what megatron looked like in the G1 cartoon either. So my not particularly liking it more or less means they've managed to capture the essence of the original.

But yes, a large portion of the movie verse toys could use WFC megs as a footrest.

But at the end of the day, all that matters is if it makes YOU happy, and it sounds like doing this might. Go for it!

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Especially when Megs himself has gone through many revisions design-wise during prodcuction than, say, Optimus.