WFC Megatron question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jazz89, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jazz89

jazz89 i'm rockin' moon base 1.

i was wondering if anyone else thinks that WFC Megatron makes a decent temporary stand-in for classics voyager Megs. he seems to invoke the look of G1 Megs fairly well. only drawback is hes is like an inch shorter than Prime but oh well. was wondering everyone else's thoughts and i apologize if this isnt the correct forum for this question.

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I agree that WFC Megs is a great homage to the g1 but i think the WFC figures dont work as a replacement for an earth mode figure. I hope that we get more WFC toys with the second game the ones we have gotten so far are awesome.

Still i think they work great for the Cybertronian modes for the classics line.

3. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love my WFC Megatron and completely agree with you both. I've yet to find a Classics Meg for cheap and WFC Meg's is the perfect stand in. I just love his fusion cannon.

4. Omegatron Prime

Omegatron Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love wfc megs; and since the last 2 megatrons (prime + movie) have cybertronian alt modes because earth modes are beneath them, i think it makes a lot of sense :) 

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I've thought about looking for a Henkei or purchasing a United Megatron, but the WfC is actually perfect for me. He captures the Megatron look very well. Same with Optimus Prime - why spend a ton on a Classic Prime when I have a very serviceable WfC figure.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    For the most part he is my CHUG Megatron. While I have both the Classics and the Henkei one, I don't care at all for the deluxe green tank and I'm no fan of the NERF gun figure. While in my leaders matchup I did use Henkei across from Voyager Prime, for a regular Decepticon display I'll be using WFC Megatron.

I'd prefer a Deluxe version of G2 Megatron, but it seems we'll never get one.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am ordering a United Megatron to square off against my Henkei Prime, but I was previously using WfC Megs for "Classics" Megs and he works just fine. Better with some 'cons due to scale.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have both classics voyager Megs and WfC Megs.
    i display my WfC Megatron with my Hasbro Special Edition Megatron and TFU Galvatron.
    that way, i have the evolution of Megatron, and they all have tanks for alt modes.

the fact the SE Megatron is soooo damn short/small irks me. but i like the way he looks, so oh well.

WfC Megatron isn't a bad idea- the alt mode at least allows you to display it as either a ground based tank or a hovertank to meet your needs. and it is far better than a Bayerse Megatron

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I love WFC Prime and WFC Megatron! I'm fine with them, I would love to have decent earth mode versions of them in Deluxe Class, because I think that Voyagers are too large for my other Deluxes. Granted, they should be a bit taller than the rest. But not THAT tall.

But I like them that way and I can pretend that in an alternate universe, those are the versions of 2005 of Optimus and Megatron :D 

Especially when I dislike the Galvatron mold so much. But I still hope there will be a new mold of Galvatron in Deluxe Class as well.

10. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I use WFC Megatron because I don't have the spare cash to get a United Voyager one right now. He definitely doesn't look bad.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    WfC Megs is pretty decent (the best of the WfC releases IMO), but personally I don;t feel it fits in well with a Classics display. However I was lucky enough to be on the Classics bandwagon from day one so I have both the Hasbr and Takara Henkei versions of the Voyager release. Of course all that said, if the WfC version works for you there's nothing wrong with using it :thumb 

12. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Love WFC Megs...classic is just too nerfy for me....

13. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I have both molds and I lean towards wfc as my official megatron for classics. He is an awesome figure.

14. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I personally don't use the WFC Megs as a classics, looks good but you'l be surprised what I use as a classics stand in of Megatron... I use the Revoltech Megatron, although he doesn't transform but this figure screams G1 FTW! Thought I would share...haha

[​IMG]

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    For someone who has Both Classics and Henkei Megatron, I think WFC Megatron is great for those who can't afford secondary prices.

Still Prefer Henkei Megatron as my Megatron. Think WFC as cybertronain Megatron.

16. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

This. WFC Megs would be a good stand in until funding allows for either the Henkei or United version. Or if funding is reaaaaally an issue, Classics Megs.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Personally, I think he fits in ok... but I would never have him share a shelf with PRIME figures.

18. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

he doesn't go well if you ask me. not even for stand in. he differs in design way too much. he would stand out like nail, a fugly nail in comparison with classics to be exact

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I buy any Prime figures I intend to use WFC Megs and Optimus as my leaders.

20. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I try to limit my purchases of Multiple characters, and Armada Megatron (In his proper later in the series colors) works for me as the best Megatron toy. I really need to get Megatron though.