Minor/Repaint: WFC Megatron (1st attempt at weathering)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SC0RP0N0K, Dec 29, 2010.

1. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to share my first real attempt at weathering a figure. Let me know what you think, good or bad, I have no problems with criticism, that's how we learn.

P.S. Big thanks go out to SonOfNemesis and Frenzy_Rumble for putting up with my n00b questions and sharing their tips.

Also, I'm included pics of a quick mod to Generations Drift, he's by no means done, but I wanted to see what you all thought.

Attached Files:

2. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Thats Pretty Slick bro, 1st time Huh? im digging it, i might ask you for some tips

3. SC0RP0N0K

Thanks man, I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can, but I still have a long way to go myself. =)

4. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Scorponok, excellent job and I like the weathering apps! I can see some of the pics had some blur but even on those it looks like you got the washes down pretty good! Now you just need to fine tune your skills by making more and more customs :D ! Really awesome man! PM me any time :) 

5. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

You totally got it man! For a first time, that turned out very well...like Son says...the more you do, the easier it gets, and the more fine tuned your weathering will become! It's one of my personal favorite things to do to a project.
    Let's see some more!

6. SC0RP0N0K

Thanks bro, it wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for your help. =)

Thanks! It was really interesting to see how the layers and washes really brought out the detail. I'm working on getting some others done ASAP, I just gotta wait for the hobby store gets some more flat black acrylic since I do all of my customs by brush.

Also, sorry about the pics, I knew they were a bit blurry. I'm gonna have to break down and buy a little tripod or something.

What do you guys think of the add-ons to Drift? Is it too much, or does it look good? I've still got a bit to do to him, but I just wanted to see what people thought about the jewels.

7. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    Very cool bro! :) 

8. SonOfNemesis

Target sells a little tripod for about $6-$9. I bought one months ago and it works awesome. It's a universal fit too with adjustable legs and all.

I like the experimentation aspect with Drift and even though some customizers use jewels, I am not personally a fan of using them with transformers. I do like the fact that you are trying out new things though :) 

9. SC0RP0N0K

I've seen it work and I've seen it fail, I just hope mine is going to work. lol

I've been racking my brain recently thinking of new customs and different things I can hopefully add in. I just need to get some extra cash so I can start another custom G.I. Joe/TF crossover that I've really been looking forward to. If it's cool with you, I'll PM you tomorrow and see if you have any parts I need for it and maybe we can work out a trade or something.

10. SonOfNemesis

Let me know man!