WFC Just The Start?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, May 4, 2010.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that War For Cybertron is just a prequel to a whole series of games, assuming the game play is good and the story is well written. It looks like War For Cybertron is just the beginning as it takes place when the Civil War first breaks out. Decepticons rise to power and Optimus taking over as Autobot Commander and all, this could be just the beginning of a series long adventure.

I'd love for the WFC story to continue, if this game goes well I'm hoping Hasbro will partner up with High Moon Studios and license them to do a whole series of games.

It'd be a damn shame if the whole war was summed up in one game because we're talking about a war that lasted millions of years. I can definitely see WFC 2, WFC 3 and so on, each new game could re-introduce a slew of G1 characters as well as showing the long lasting effects of the War For Cybertron has had on the planet's population as well its environment.

Each game could be set as much as 10,000 years after the previous game given the length of the war and lifespan of a Cybertronian. Each game could show the sheer devastation the planet has endured over the millenniums, cities crumbled, deactivated transformers lying scattered all over charred battlefields, Autobot Citadels turned Decepticon Strongholds and the hulking remains of shattered Omega Sentinels left where they were felled as a grim reminder to all of Megatron's might.

I'm just not wanting this to be millions of years worth of story crammed into one game.

Does anyone else think WFC will have sequels?

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that's exactly what we're going to get.

The core characters were stuck in stasis for 4 million years, so that should shave a few million off the war.

Isn't that what the G1 cartoons/comics were all about, getting enough energon to retake their home planet? War For Cybertron doesn't have to continue on Cybertron, but yes, I can see it continuing on and on.

Yes. If it is a fun game, I can't see why it wouldn't, though strong sales would be a must. Here's hoping the story is solid, as well as the acting.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I remember hearing that WFC was supposed to be the orgins of all Transformer lines Hasbro will have in the future. At least it will do a better job about it than G1 did.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even if that were the case, 1980s storytelling is at the center of this game, character bios, story, likenesses, etc. This game’s story might be the foundation of things to come, but you can smell the essence G1 in every picture, video, interview, bio and all other news being generated from this game; it’s a continuation (or revisit if you prefer) of 26 year old story. I can’t wait to see where it leads.

5. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    I hope we get a couple of sequels out of this. This is the closest the fandom has gotten to a game based on G1, even though it takes place before the war moved to Earth. Whether High Moons and Activision decided to keep telling more stories on Cybertron or move the war to Earth, and have all the characters look like their original Earth forms from the 80's, I'd still be interested in more TF games based off of G1.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I never said G1 was bad with storytelling through and through, I honestly am happy with how HM has been keeping all the characters as true to their original sevles as much as possible.

What I was talking about was the actual backstory of the Transformers as a whole. At least count, there were three different stories about how the Transformers came to be (the quints built them, Primus created them, or they were just simply there at the start of the universe). Hopefully, WfC will rectify that, because it honestly bugs me a little.

7. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I prefer the Primus scenario. I feel the G1 cartoon can't be considered as absolute canon because it was mostly a marketing gimmick and it just didn't seem to have a coherent flow to it. Bots showed up with no explanation or were there at the start of the series then vanished without a trace. It was mostly a "scheme of the week" type thing in which Megatron would concoct some weapon of mass destruction, it gets damaged and he gives up on it and back to the chalkboard.

The comics were much better at stringing a history together but a lot of it was also confusing, what with Marvel and Marvel UK having their own stories that sometimes differed from each other greatly. In all, the history of the cybertronian race is somewhat confusing but we did manage to get some history lessons during the War Within series which I feel counts as canon due to Simon Furman being the main writer. The history of the Cybertronian Civil War is still a great mystery for the most part, DW went under before WW was finished, so I welcome WFC and all its content as Cybertronian History.

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I like IDW and Dreamwave's Portrayals. But I do believe the Quints are the most interesting supporting race. Some much mystery with them.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree:thumb 

They definitely shouldn't be left out of the equation. Love them or hate them, the Quintessons made the show interesting. I'm one of those who feel that Primus and the Quintessons can be worked into one cohesive story. I hope War For Cybertron takes that route *crosses fingers*

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I believe High Moon did mention a few things about a possible sequel if WFC works out well, and Hasbro has said that they're planning to build off of WFC.