Heavy/Scratch: WFC Ironhide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    This is a super simple repaint/headswap to make a relatively believable WFC Ironhide or just a pre-earth mode in the cartooniverse/idw-verse era

Starting figure is Energon Inferno. I painted silver over the bronze and black over the tealish color. I used Universe/Classics Ironhide's head with no modification to make it fit. I still need to mod the arms in the back so when he's transformed his head will stay tucked away and not sit on top like a target

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. onslaught314

onslaught314 Saxobot

News Credits:
    Whoa, I never noticed how much EInferno looks like WFC ironhide! Now I wanna mod mine ):

Great job man! :thumb 

3. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He actually looks quite a bit like Ironhide from the IDW Ironhide mini-series as well. Pretty nice looking Lucs, you've been on a roll with the customs threads today man

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Huh. I've been trying for ages to figure out how to get a Uni. Ironhide's head on that ball joint (for my SG Ratchet custom), but you say that the head just fits right on?

I must try that imediately.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Eeeeeeh....the head's too small to me....

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks! I'm glad you like it. It wasn't my idea but it works

Thanks BD! The IDW comic was one of the things that inspired me to make this guy
    Yeah just push it on. It won't stay if you move it around too much but it works pretty nicely
    It is a bit small unless you think of Ironhide as one of those bulky guys with head that couldn't keep up with the rest of his workout regimen :D 

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I usually like bots with small heads, relatively, but it feels maybe a bit too small in this case. I might have gone with a Classics Astrotrain head instead...

But I like it. It's pretty obvious that IDW Cybertronian Ironhide was based on this mold, so it works really well. I wanted to try something similar, but go further with the vehicle mode so that he could pass for an Earth delivery truck or something... but it seemed like it would involve sticking a lot of extra panels to the legs. Besides hiding the head, do you have any plans for the vehicle mode?

zmog

8. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah I have an extra Astro head laying around that I might swap out. I just feel like the Ironhide head is a bit more animated (not TFA animated just more character I guess)

As far as the truck mode goes I removed the big cannon deal and I'm cutting material away to fit the head but it won't affect the aesthetic of the truck mode

9. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

This is going to need a bit more work to look like wfc ironhide and not another g1 iron hide