WfC in Japan?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Nerroth, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Hi.

Presumably, War for Cybertron will be released in a number of different territories - but there's one in particular I was wondering about.

Is there any word on whether or not a Japanese localisation of the game is in the works?

Indeed, if there is one, would it retain the English voice cast - or might it be given a Japanese voice track to match?

It would be neat if some of the voices set for the Japanese take on TFA - not least Wakamoto Norio, set to voice Megatron - were to take on roles in this game...

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've gone to several boards and seen people talk about it--they (fans) know it's coming out, so I don't see why those of us living here won't see it in stores near by. Transformers: Revenge (of the Fallen) hasn't shown up in stores here yet, but it may some day down the road--the first was here not too long after it was released in the States.

3. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    At least Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Xbox is region free.
    Will War for Cybertron be as well?

4. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any PS3 game is region free, so you can import. Not sure on XBox 360: As far as I know, majority are region-locked.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not any, but most are. Strangle Hold, or so I've heard, is actually region locked due to the game and movie sharing the same disc (movies, per Hollywood's request), must be region locked. Games, on the other hand, are up to developers to decide what to do with their content.

6. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits: