WFC: How Bumblebee lost his voice

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tf_4_lyf, Jun 23, 2010.

1. tf_4_lyf

tf_4_lyf Deceptibot

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    Is this actually for WFC? I don't have the game yet so I don't know if Bumblebee has a voice or not. But if I recall...WFC and the movie-verse are not interconnected.....

3. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Urgh. I hope this doesn't mean that for TF: Prime Bumblebee's gonna be a mute. Bit tired of this gag. I can handle it for the films, but not the rest of Bumblebee's appearances. Much as I love having Bumblebee back in the franchise I don't want him to be some sort of muted warrior all the time. I was glad that this wasn't the case in Animated.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

what? are they really that lazy to just find bumblebee a voice actor? :lol 

5. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My question is how is that not something that could be easily fixed?

6. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

...Maybe they don't make parts for hs model anymore :) 

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Terrific....another friggin stigma placed on a character that won't go away.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    It's really bizarre, too. In ROTF, Bumblebee's voice actor had lines (which makes sense, as he was talking at the end of Movie 1), but they decided to edit all his lines out and keep the radio gimmick in. And we know WFC has Johnny "I'm in every anime" Yong Bosch as Bumblebee's voice actor, and yet he can't talk, either ?

9. Angelwave

News Credits:
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. For YEARS, all we would hear is that the Transformers franchise need to grow, change, and evolve to go with the times. From Beast Wars being introduced, to a lines that practically center around combining, etc. Everything has to stay fresh. But stuff like this, they can't let go of? I mean When Megatron turned into Galvatron, during the 86 movie, it was a good idea for what they were doing for that series. And when RID did the same thing, I thought of it as a cool little nod. But when it happened during every goddamn series of the Unicron Trilogy, I couldn't stand it anymore. The phrase, " What works for one thing, won't work for something else", is something we all should understand.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's hoping it didn't make the cut, because they decided not to go this route. Seriously, it's fine for the movieverse, but I really don't want ever BB from here on to have this problem. Ugh. Also, how is this something that an advance race like Cybertronians can't fix?

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully he is mute in TF Prime.

12. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's probably psychological/trauma related/induced. kind of like that mute girl from 'The Others'. i mean, probably within that killer/warrior exterior is a frightened little child...

nah, it's probably just marketing...

probably.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Generations Bumblebee's bio mentions him being mute....

And technically, it's only the second time. TFA's BB more than made up for the movie one.

14. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Eh? I just saw the Autobot boss fight and BB is pretty talkative. Some elements in WFC is present in Exodus some are not.

15. eTalking

eTalking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as long as it stays in the short story, and doesnt bleed out into more fiction, i can handle it.
    thinking of it like all those star wars novels that came out, some good stories to read, but not really canon.

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not Canon.

WFC is a prequel to the G1 toon more than the movie (thank god) the more it stays that side of things the better.

Bumblebee being mute only makes sense if there's no medic out there to replace and repair him. I've read fan fiction better than that short story, canon or not, bumblebee being mute was never part of his character specs.

Thank goodness it's not actually in the book.

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Why? You like your main characters to not be able to say anything to the audience?

Well, think of Star Trek... they could give Geordi a visor that made him see beyond the human spectrum, but they couldn't make him see normal vision at all? I mean, a simple camera can see what the human eye can see, couldn't they have just given the visor's stimulus that same effect? For that matter, couldn't they have just cured his blindness outright? (which they did in the later movies...)

And then Data, he's got this yellow skin. The actor Brent Spiner asked why, if he's so advanced, can his skin not be more realistic? Roddenberry replied "What makes you think what you've got isn't better than normal skin?" Spiner was satisfied with that answer, but then years later in First Contact, the Borg Queen gives him normal skin and he's all excited about it. It doesn't seem like it's something that should've been that hard to do in the first place!

18. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

lol Aw no...Are they really trying to tie WFC into TF Prime? Assumeing TF Prime's Bee doesn't have his voice.
    I donno, maybe it's actually nothing and just something they thought to stick in the novel for the younger fans who only know Bee as a mute. But it still does seem weird that they're doing that.

[EDIT] Oh, it didn't even make it in the book. Well that explains a lot.

My guess is something that processes voice is harder to fix then something like a broken limb. But that's just my own personal theory.

19. Angelwave

News Credits:
    The thing is about it though, they are mechanical beings. Whom, not only can move under their own power, they can transform. And they can reformat their bodies. Now, if it was something that it was a very delicate procedure that only a medic can handle and one wasn't around I can understand. But Ratchet is right there.

20. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's just the silent type.