WfC/FoC NOT part of Prime Spoiler Warning

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One can hope that hints at Jazz making an appearance, because Jazz was Cliff's partner in that mission.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I don't think the Sea of Rust is necessarily a FoC shout out. I'm pretty sure Sea of Rust is now a canon location on Cybertron, as much as Iacon, Kaon, and other places.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

What he said and I can't remember what episode but I'm pretty sure the Sea of Rust was mentioned in G1. I'd look it up on the wiki but it seems to be down right now. I'll look it up as soon as TFWiki is functional again.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The new episode of Transformers Prime seems to contradict FoC even farther.

FoC and Prime Shockwave have different designs and different histories.

FoC invented the Space Bridge which was a tower that opened up a portal in space you had to fly threw. FoC Starscream was completely unaware of what Shockwave was even building.

Prime Shockwave reverse engineered Space Bridge technology which the Autobots invented. It was not a tower but a star-gate-esk portal that you could walk threw. Prime Starscream knew exactly what Shockwave was working on.

The two evens are very similar but there's more.

FoC Cliffjumper was on the Ark crew and would already be with Optimus Prime's team. Prime Cliffjumper was still on Cybertron. Not to mention the other differences between them I've already pointed out. FoC was more cautious/teen voice and Prime is more bold/deep voice.

FoC Soundwave was also on the Nemesis crew yet Prime shows he's still on Cybertron. Also despite taking place in the past he still doesn't talk.

More to the point it seems that Optimus Prime is already on Earth and the Nemesis has not left Cybertron yet despite FoC showing that they left Cybertron at the same time.

How different does the history have to be before you figure out they're different continuities? The only thing the two have in common is the existence of Dark Energon which has totally different effects in each continuity and some characters who exist in both. If that's all it takes for them to be connected then G1, BW, BM, RID, UT, Bayverse, and Animated are also part of the Aligned Continuity.

5. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    you don't get...they are using a singular story bible that resides within the aligned story. it's like the sunbow cartoon and marvel comics. they have very similar things yet go different directions.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    They're going to share some elements but they are their own continuity.

What pisses me off is when people assume because it happened in the game it MUST BE TRUE IN PRIME! Trypticon is not the Nemesis in Prime. Jazz was not with Cliffjumper in the sea of rust in Prime.

7. soundwave142

News Credits:
    the producers stated that the nemisis was trypticon though....

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Do you have a source for that? Because this is the first I've heard of it. And based solely on the show itself, I call BS on that.

9. soundwave142

News Credits:
    this was a long time ago but I think it was one of those question thingies for a show and they'd put random facts up and one said that the nemisis is trypticon.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't remember hearing that at all. I recall a Hasbro suit saying something like that but he has as much creative influence on the show as I do. So without proof I will disregard this notion. And I would expect anyone else to do the same thing if I were doing this (which I am in another thread).

11. soundwave142

News Credits:
    it's completely logical and I dont even remember what they exactly said. it's pretty much better to wait for a better statement