WFC Escalation Solo strategies/discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by transtrekkie, Dec 27, 2011.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

This is for people that like to play Escalation solo (no other players). Do you have a particular map/character/strategy that you like to use?

I like to use Air Raid on broken Hope. It's easy to stand on the bridge facing one of the big spawn points and shoot things in the courtyard below. Plus, his cloaking ability gives you the ability to reach ammo and health as needed. Only downside is that you're vulnerable to seekers and the missile drones that spawn from the spawn point located up there, but they are generally easy to deal with. Last night I got to wave 14 before I went for ammo and got hit by a brute. Of course, everything targeted me at that point and I was done pretty quickly thereafter. I have been able to get to wave 22 that way before (that time I had to quit because it was late I had to work the next morning). I can usually also get to around wave 6 or 7 using Air Raid on Forsaken, and I could probably get pretty far on Pulse if it didn't glitch on wave 6. I kill everything on wave 6 on pulse, but the level doesn't end.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I haven't played Escalation in Solo mode for a while, but when I did I played it A LOT.

For Broken Hope, I used Arcee and Bumblebee a lot - fast, manueverable characters with rapid-fire weapons in alt-mode simply cannot be overstated for this map. I was able to get as high as level 10 a couple of times before getting overwhelmed.

My strategy here almost always involved saving up points to open the door to the Overshield room, then saving points up to open the room with the Scrapmaker. After that it was pretty much trying to stay alive, and running all over the place trying to shoot everything that moved. Arcee's stealth ability came in very handy, but even Bumblebee was able to hold his own. Having a photon burst rifle as a secondary weapon is highly recommended.

On Forsaken, I never get very far, but like to use Jazz.

On Decepticon maps, I usually start with Starscream, then switch to Thundercracker, Soundwave, or Dead End. Starscream is my first pick mainly because he's my favorite and I've played with him so much, I can pretty much get everything I can out of him - his Shockwave skill is just awesome. After Starscream, I'll experiment with any character that can spawn a turret - Soundwave, Thundercracker, and Dead End. Turrets are VERY helpful on Decepticon levels. I'm best on Remnant, where after the first wave, I'll open the door on the right side to grab the energon cube inside (in case I'm injured), then drop a turret inside that room and wait for the kills to rack up so I can buy a photon burst rifle. After that, I'm steadily trying to move up the right side of the map but rarely make it past level 7 or so. The city level is much more challenging - if you can get the underground tunnel open early to get to the overshield generator, you should last a bit longer but you can get swarmed badly. On Static, I find if I can survive the first couple of levels to open a door to an energon vendor and the overshield generator, I can last till about level 6 or 7 most games. Other times I get bottled up and ruined quickly. Pulse is a great level to be using turrets!

3. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

My fav solo map is Broken Hope with Arcee. Her cloaking ability allows you to stay in the fight until near death, then cloak and run for health. I've gone to wave 18 alone.

My strategy is to open the shield room door and gain access to the thermo mines. I enjoy getting into massive brawls in the stairwell and lower level using melee, mine, and weopon combos. This strategy results in huge kill numbers in a very short time. In later levels, I open the other door that bridges to the ammo room. I tend to start fighting in the stairwell and fall back to the shield room. Should I be overwhelmed, I then fall back to the ammo room. Being that not every enemy will just charge in, I use this technique to divide and conquer brutes from the rest of the team.

I'm a heavy mine user, I always have them equipped. Sometimes I'll get board and run across the map just dropping mines while I take out ground enemies. The mines usually track jets first so I don't even have to aim at them. The result is a path of destruction that destroys hoards of enemy soldiers. I always start every level with six mines in play and a set equipped. They literally walk into an ambush in the first few seconds of the game.

My weopon loads are always the basic starting gun and a scrapmaker and thermo mines. The scrapmaker is a must when you've bottlenecked the enemy as all you gotta do is plug the shit outta the group. Once it needs reloading, I immediately go to vehicle mode and blast away with machine guns.

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I'd love to figure out how to break the wave six glitch on Pulse. I've seen some games where a group had made it to wave 26 and it was absolute bedlam. Awesome freakin' bedlam.

5. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

My strategy for Pulse was this:

Pick Jazz or Arcee (I picked Jazz). Then, start out easy. Fighting off the Tanks, and always stay inside the room in the middle. Take cover when the Tanks shoot at you with their rapid-fire cannon and obviously avoid their grenades. After you kill them off, move into the room that is exactly across the room you were in to take cover from the Tanks, and activate the thing in the middle that spawns a health bubble. After that open the doors to the right, and get all the way to the last big room and get the Scrapmaker. Then open the ramp that leads you to the Trypticon Nuke and the Overshields. After that, survive.

6. vatarian

vatarian snide spider

I find Shockwave to be great for Decepticon maps, and Airaid to be good for Autobot maps.