WFC Elite Guard

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by cgibsonREX, Jan 24, 2010.

?

Yes or No for the Elite Guard in WFC

1. Yes :]

43 vote(s)
    57.3%
  2. No :[

32 vote(s)
    42.7%
  1. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Not anymore, it's been retcon into G1 and Shattered Glass has them too.

Cybertron Elite Guard

2. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

no elite guard leave it be for right know.

3. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what happened in animated needs to stay in Animated

4. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i seconded these post /\

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How has it been retconned into G1, the Animated series? I'm not too familiar with Shattered Glass, but the link to tfwiki says it was originally an April Fools prank--I'd rather this not be part of G1, as its convoluted enough with comic/cartoon continuity contradicting one another. Parallel universes will make matters much, much worse.

The creation of the Elite Guard faction makes no sense. All Autobots are important to the war with the Decepticons no matter which version of the story you follow. The whole thing about them doing whatever it takes to get the job done sounds a bit odd, as I don’t see how Optimus Prime would ever approve their actions, as he always seemed to be the type to appreciate life. How would he ever allow them to experiment on others let alone themselves? They used bounty hunters too? I prefer the good ‘ol days when the Autobots chased after the ones they wanted.

Edit:
    If this War For Cybertron is the beginning of the division that parted all Cybertronians, the Elite Guard shouldn’t exist. And with that thought, neither should the Wreckers or any other sub-faction for that matter. Sub-factions were created after years of stalemate, each side upping the ante, doing what was needed to counter the others action or to skip the scale in their favor.

Looking back at G1 cartoon time line, and I assume the comic series too, you’ll notice that in the beginning there were only two: Autobots and Decepticons, but after some time of the war not going in the favor of one or the other each side introduced or created new soldiers to either tip the scale in the favor or counter the other sides actions. The Dinobots, Constructicons, Combaticons, Protectobots, Aerialbots, Stunticons, Terrorcons, Technobots or whatevers were all created to fulfill this purpose. Blaster did it too with his own cassettes.

War For Cybertron should focus on just the two major groups if this is truly the beginning of the divide.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  6. knightstroke

knightstroke Member

would be kool if you could build and name and choose squad logo like in the first marvel ultimate alliance game would make a cool feature for people who want to play as any of the g1 sub teams or who just want to build there own sub team

7. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Since I have no idea about the story of the game, I would have to give it a big maybe until I see the direction and scope of the story.

Ultra Magnus should be leader and Cliffjumper should have something to do with it

8. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I pretty much agree with Wall-E, until we know more about the story its a maybe for me too. The Elite guard would be pretty cool.

9. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

Now see that I wouldnt mind. It would be kind of hard in any other game type rather than what style UA is, not sure what its called. But its really team based to begin with.

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If this is the beginning of a new continuity that pulls from all that has come before it, I wouldn't mind seeing the Elite Guard, the Wreckers, Mayhem Squad, etc... Cybertron is a big world and there are plenty of bots on each side to fill all of the rolls an Army would have to win a war.

Think about it, We have Marines which I would say fit the ideals behind the Elite Guard. We have Navy Seals which serve a similar roll to how the Wreckers are portrayed. Hell, the Dinobots (excuse me, Dynobots) even work as a Delta Force. Then there are the black-ops guys like Jazz is painted to be from in IDW. Even the Seekers are like Top Gun.

Each of them fill a roll and do their jobs as per their functions on both sides of the battle.

One of the reasons I like to collect Transformers, is that I like the story of the Civil War between the two factions. In a war you have a lot of soldiers that all do their part to push for their side to win. Having a bunch of toys sitting on my shelf sort of makes it seem like I'm building an army of robots. Most of the fiction only focuses on a hand full of characters because it's impossible to tell a coherent story in 30 min. with a cast of hunderds or thousands. So in my own way I collect to fill those gaps in between the stories with the characters that barely ever see the light to shine.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quite right, but isn’t this story the beginning of the Autobot and Decepticon fallout?

True, but even branches of the military and its subgroups came in time, not all at once. If this is the start of the war, I think it’d be strange to have all these subgroups right off the bat; how does one know what one needs before being put into a situation which makes one think of a way of countering a problem?

If this story, however, isn’t the very beginning, but sometime after I can see the inclusion of subgroups happening. In fact, it might have already happened, as an earlier sneak peak glimpse of the game has already revealed Onslaught or someone that looks a lot like him. Bruticus may not be in the game, but the Combaticons could be, and if they’re in the game, it would be nice if the Autobots have an answer to this subgroup.

12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, who's to say that Cybertron had no military before the Civil War? We have different branches and subgroups in our military during war and peace times. The Elite Guard sound more like a Special Police force than a Military one anyways.

The point I was making is that there are a lot of bots and the war raged for millions of years. Subgroups will come and go. Some may have been their before the war, others as the war unfolded. Hell, who's to say that a few that existed before the war can't be rebuilt?

This is the beginning of a new continuity for TF's that will be the main continuity for the foreseeable future. Hasbro is pulling from all past continuities to build this world and give it something none of the other series (even G1) ever had, a History. There were no Mini-cons in G1, but this one can have them. Every city ever named and developed in the past can be used and put together to make an Atlas for Cybertron. For the first time ever, the continuity is being built before the show, not during or after.

So I say bring on all of the different squads, patrols, subgroups and teams. They can find a home here at any point in time that works the best for them. Because that is how they are building it.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m not arguing with what you’ve said. I think it would be great to have subgroups.

My only concern is this: if this is the war that divided the Cybertronians, why have subgroups. Maybe I missed something along the way, but I thought the Cybertronians didn’t partake in any wars prior to the one that divided them and I suppose the revolute against their Quintesson masters. However, if they have been in wars before than yeah, I can see them organizing groups to handle this or that.