Minor/Repaint: WFC Dynobot Sludge (part 1 of 3)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, Jun 9, 2011.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

So you may remember my WiP thread from back before Christmas where I was planning on making all 5 Dynos to mesh into the WFC theme. Well that kind of got tossed to the side months ago. I've been trying to clear out some fodder recently and found the mostly finished Sludge, Snarl, and Grimlock that I had started, so I decided to finish them up. Originally there was going to be a Slag made out of a Generations Skullgrin and a Swoop made from a HftD Terradive, but both those figures got scrapped for my WiP bludgeon, so its just going to be the other three for now. I can always say that in the WfC continuity these were the original three, then Swoop and Slag came along later. Overall, I have to admit the quality of these three isn't up to par with the other TF's I've done recently (there is such thing as too much drybrushing), but I really just want them out of the house so I don't have to stare at their unfinished carcasses anymore. Also, I do still like them. All three of them have detail painted in that orange fluorescent paint, but i couldn't for the life of me get a photo of it to turn out well with the black light on. Kudos to those of you who could.

Anyways, heres Sludge. He's obviously a WFC Megs with a slightly modified Cliffjumper head. Alot of people in the WiP thread said they thought that Skullgrin would make a better Sludge because of the correlation between the brono neck and the long cannon, but I think this came out faaaaaar better than Skullgrin would have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    That's awesome dude! I can't wait to see the other two! What other Dynobots are you gonna do?

3. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DAMN!

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    these 3 are all so cool, but this one is my fav, since grimmy was the obvious mold choice I love how this one barrel sort of matches the long dino neck!!!!!

If you want you can have me WFC Starscream WIP for a trade or something, since it's ready for paint only missing a head :D 

5. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazing how great the CJ works for Sludge. Looks awesome, this one is my favorite.

6. bkz

bkz Deceptifiend

Yup, this is boss! I need this mold.

7. Drekar

Drekar Well-Known Member

that looks great, love that you shortened the megatron barrel, suits the style very well

8. Giskard Rentlov

Giskard Rentlov Agent of Chaos

Seriously super cool!

9. Mechafacture

Mechafacture Well-Known Member

packed with awesomeness!!!

10. xaviercal

xaviercal Customizer

Ebay:
    Looks awesome

11. kregon

kregon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love how you can look at these pics and immediately know which character you are going for. Despite the fact that the mold is recognizable, you really only see sludge and that takes real skill. Bravo!