Repro/Sticker: WFC / Deluxe sized Prime Ion Blaster Rifle

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by project9, Nov 30, 2010.

1. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Well, I just can't nix those last few bubbles so I've grabbed the two best casts and filled the small bubbles with Fixit Sculpt. I'll sand them down tomorrow once it cures. Then I can try sometime over the 3-day weekend to make the new mold. I think the plan is to put it in at a tilt. I think that will fix the bubbles I keep getting in the corners.

You'll also see that I've casted a couple other guns. They are from the BTS Toys 'Mobile Command Base' trailer - 'Bee Gun' and 'Recon Scout Blaster'. (You can see a pic of them here.) They're decent little guns. I really just wanted a couple of the Bee guns so my Cliffjumper could double-fist them but I figured I'd offer them up if anyone wanted them. I may even offer the WFC Soundwave head, as well.

I think the plan will be to offer the Ion Blaster for about $9-10 for a straight cast or $15 if you want me to add paint details for you. The other guns will probably $5 each. Once I'm ready, I'll post a thread in the Commissioner Listings section for people to order from.

Attached Files:

2. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love this blaster for prime, let me know when and how to order and i will :) 

3. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Well, it took longer than I wanted but I think I'm in good shape. It's hard to do the molds just due to the 6 hour waiting for it to set. I've been busy with work and kids but finally got the molds done over the weekend.

I also made a mold of my custom Cliffjumper head that I recently redid. I first tried casting him before and the paint started coming off, so when I went to clean the rest off my 'mighty putty' work broke. So I used my new Fixit Sculpt and fixed the side that bothered me because it was a little lopsided. Still trying to get a perfect cast out but I've taken a photo of a couple test ones and the original.

Overall, they're not flawless. I actually still have bubble issues and I've highlighted them in each photo. Now, I can use Fixit to fill in the gap and touch it up with black paint on the black casts but I wanted to be upfront with anyone who is interested in getting something from me. I try my best to fill the holes, clean all the flash and test fit the pegs on a couple of my figures before I would send it to anyone.

I'll do a final photo shoot with some figures and post a thread in the Commissions area once that's done and I'm ready to take orders.

Attached Files:

4. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Those are looking awesome. I know the bubbles can be a bear to get out but they don't matter much to me personally if we're talking about a sweet gun but a head is a different story if it's right up front. I got a few heads from a board member a while back and the bubbles showed up in the nose and chin, not easy to overlook those. I'd buy a few of the not-so-perfect guns, no problem

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  5. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Maybe they figured you could patch them up. =) I wouldn't send one that way, I'd try and patch it up myself first. I'm just about out of resin, so I'd have to buy another batch after I sell a couple of what I've pumped out so far. But if I had enough, I'd just try another cast or two to see if I could nix the bubbles. All else fails, I'd put some Fixit in it and drop a two of paint to cover/blend it in.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah they probably did since from what I know it's not that hard to do. It took me forever to try dying figures I guess my next trek should be sculpting or patching holes :D 

7. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

How much are you looking at for a rifle or two, man? Been looking at doing a custom rifle but having just moved everything is all packed away and not likely to be unpacked anytime soon : /

8. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

I mentioned it a few posts ago:
    I'm not 100% done but I took some photos of the casts and posted them on my site: WFC / Classics Prime Ion Blaster Rifle
    I need to dremel/drill out the tip of the barrel and fill the gaps I highlighted in my other post before they're 'done'. I also hope to paint another one up as a real sample versus my original 'prototype'. Once I can get a few of them fully done, then I'll post a sales thread. I barely have any resin left, so I can probably only offer a small number at the start unless I can get some funds to order some more.

9. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

My bad, was pushed for time last night, so didn't read every post. Will definately be taking a serious look at this. My Classics and Generations Primes are both feeling incomplete without a nice g1 style rifle, don't care for their machine guns much : /

10. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Sh*t... 2 months since I last worked on this. Sorry to all those who are waiting. =( I've been so wrapped up with working 7 days a week at 2 jobs, my son's cub scouts activities and everything else under the sun that I haven't had time to get back on these. My workspace - a.k.a. my kitchen table - has also been a little cluttered so I haven't had room either.

Hopefully, I can get back on this soon for all those still interested! Sorry, again.