Heavy/Scratch: WFC CJ Upgrade Kit: CCE Production Version (Complete!!!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Full Set on Shapeways

Armor Set on Shapeways

EDIT: Painted!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't mess with these two! :lol 

Hey guys, so after all the feedback form the old thread, i took most of them to heart, and designed a new version of the SBA. This one now hugs the bumper a bit better, and can form a left-handed shield for robot mode.

Here's the new parts:
    [​IMG]

So there you have it: the new SBA and accompanying Adaptor. The SBA now is thicker by a millimeter, and the has two holes in the underside for the adaptor to plug into.

Storing the Adaptor in car mode:
    [​IMG]

See? The Adaptor plugs into the hole cut into the side of the trench, and fits fluch in the space, to stow away in car mode. No longer do you need a separate bag to stow loose parts, this one simply hides away where no one will ever see it. Also take note of the exposed hole, that will come in handy later.

Car Mode:
    [​IMG]

Honestly, not much has changed here. For the record, this picture was taken with the adaptor stowed inside. As you can see, it practically disappears from view, and it is kept securely inside the bridge. Against the car roof, the adaptor shouldn't fall out anytime soon. Also, as shown, teh SBA now hugs the bumper a bit better. While it is not an exact replica (i pulled back by 8mm, not 10mm), the gap is necessary due to Shapeways printing (which according to them can be a bit 'off' by fractions of a millimeter). Pulling it back 10mm would have resulted in some pieces not fitting, so for safety i left the gap.

Shield Mode:
    [​IMG]

Now do you see why we needed the second hole? We simply take the Adaptor out of the trench, and then connect it here, to create the handle. The handle is made to be a very tight fit, and due to this can only be used left-handed, in the Strong and Flexible materials.

Holding the Shield:
    [​IMG]

Self explanatory really. The handle is plugged in from the back of CJ's hand, to take adavtage of the fact CJ's hand is thinner from behind (hence why it won't work on the right hand). Yes, the handle will need to flex a bit to allow him to hold it, so don't be afraid to exercise a little force; after a few goes the handle will loosen up enough to allow him to easily grasp it each time. I know you're thinking, "Tread, why not just make a new handle?". Well, it's not that easy. The handle i've made as long as i can while still havng it flush in car mode. The peg needs to be 5mm, and the other side needs to be thick to not break. This is the best handle one can design within parameters, otherwise it won't fit in car mode. There's also no functionality issues with this handle either, it works fine, except only on the left hand. :) 

Obligatory Pose:
    [​IMG]

So there you have it. Now CJ can fend off those evil 'Cons with his new spiky shield. Add to that the twin guns and bayonets, which stow on his back as a jump-jets, and his new armored vehicle forms, and Cliffjumper's really ready for war!

Available from my Shapeways store. There will be two versions: Full Set (CJAP, SBA, Adaptor, Guns, Skins, Bayonets) and Armor Set (CJAP, SBA, Adaptor). Full Set is what is being shown here, with all parts, but if you wish to save a bit of money, the Armor Set might be just what you're looking for. ;) 

Full Set ($42)

Armor Set ($26)

All prices include Worldwide shipping, in White Strong and Flexible. :) 

Disclaimer: Spikes are sharp. This should go without saying, but don't hand this to a kid, it's suitable only for adult collectors. If you give this to a child and they get hurt, don't say i didn't warn you.

Attached Files:

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Pretty damned cool. I want one! You take PayPal Food Stamps, right? :lol 
    Nice versatility in making it hand held, Gundam Meister.

3. Treadshot A1

There are Paypal Food Stamps?! :lol 

Thanks bro. I'd love to see this done up Darkcave style, your paintwork never ceases to amaze. :) 

4. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

no disrespect to the work you put into it, but it's nearly twice the cost of the figure your upgrading?

5. Treadshot A1

I know, my family has been teasing me about it, you're not the first. :lolol 

All I can say is, if you have a cheaper way of making this, I'd love to know about it, but for the time being I don't have any access to chinese factories or anything. :( 

6. Treadshot A1

I can't believe i've never posted pics of this, he's been painted for a while now. Guess it slipped my mind. Anyways, he's all done.