WFC Boosting

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by caldo15, Jul 16, 2012.

1. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Never heard of the word until last night, I was playing conquest, found myself doing all the work as most of my teammates were just standing around at the first Conquest point. I got the top score, then got a nasty message from one of the players who said "We're boosting, please do not interfere"

Holy Crap, Boosting in a 2 year old game?????? I already have prime mode unlocked, but I NEVER pulled this crap, it's essentially cheating and wrong to do in a public match. Can you do this is a private match? So Ridiculous, I hope this does not happen in FOC

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Private matches don't give you points. At least on PS3.

And Boosting is a dick move. It just shows you're a lazy ass.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Good luck finding enough matches to level up at any good rate in a 2 year old game without boosting.

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Never come across a boosting match before myself.

5. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    What is boosting?

6. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    They are trying to level up their multiplayer classes up to level 25, you join a session with a couple friends and different teams, then you take turns capturing different points, guess it's a fast way to level up, but ridiculous, I still don't understand why people cheat in video games, takes the fun out of it, if they cheat in video games you know they're cheating in life too LOL

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A faster way to rank up your level instead of grinding it out. Two teams take turns in Conquest getting points without fighting each other.

8. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I agree. When people cheat, it really ruins the game for everyone else. The closest to cheating I have ever done was when for some reason I was playing DOTM and got 7-kill streak from only taking out 1 or 2 people. And that was just a very fortunate glitch.

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember being invited to boosting matches by randoms when this first came out. I thought "What the hell, sounds like fun." It wasn't. So I tried to play normally, and everyone bitched, so I just tried to annoy them until I got bored or they quit.
    Boosting is weak. Playing through the limitations of your level makes you better at it, and when you get good, you get your points anyway.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless HMS still has 2x, 4x or whatever play sessions boosting is going to be very necessary to reach Prime status with their leveling up calculations being as they are (well, the way they were in 2010, anyway). It took forever to level up when the game first came out without help from HMS. I tried to play every chance I had, but my time difference with the US and work often worked against me, but I eventually got there.

Boosting isn't cheating--no one is robbed of anything. Those boosting help one another achieve the same goal, leveling up quickly and at equal rates.

Cheating is when a gamer uses an unfair advantage against another.

11. Lewa1267

Lewa1267 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I remember one time I entered a conquest match where everyone was boosting so I just started killing the enemy team and playing normally and they were getting pissed at me too. lol

12. reep15

reep15 Well-Known Member

Wrong, boosting IS cheating. It is unfair to level up in the game when everyone else is playing correctly. Boosters get their weapons and abilities quicker and that is an unfair advantage against everyone who is playing the right way.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What you describe is no different from someone playing the game legit, as everyone levels us and gets perks with them. How they level up doesn't matter, as leveling up is a part of the game.

14. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    I've been playing some Escalation matches lately (360) but haven't come across anything like this. But since there's still usually around 800 people online give or take a few either way i don't really expect to. While i wouldn't consider it cheating i think Prime Jetscream hit the nail on the head with calling it a dick move, if you don't want to be stuck in a match like that you could always quit if you find yourself being put into another match like that. :) 

15. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

I don't know how things work in Japan (not being racist, I just genuinely don't know), but most Americans consider boosting a bad thing.

16. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    I call it being cheap. It's lazy to say the least.. why "boost" when you can have great experiences playing the game the more legit way? it takes away the fun of actually earning perks because you really didnt try.

17. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Me neither. To be fair, it's so easy to reach Prime mode now there's no point in boosting.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ignorance of my home country is shameful:( 

Not everyone living in Japan is Japanese, you know? Like the US, and many other countries, Japan has many foreign nationals residing on its soil. While the majority are Japanese, there are those of us who claim citizenship elsewhere. I am a proud American living in Japan. I am not Japanese, and I have no interest in becoming one.

Now, about gaming in Japan. People game here like they do everywhere else, and the skill level of gamers is very diverse--feudal lords and samurai are long gone; folks here wear suits, jeans and t-shirts like your family, friends, neighbors.

I don't know when boosting started, but if it didn't start in the US with the XBOX, I bet that is how it found its legs. Americans boost, and they do in great number. It isn't a Japanese, Canadian, Russian or a whoever thing, but a gamer thing. It's not for everyone, but it IS something for enough people to exist at all. Every video game website has a thread dedicating for boosting.

FYI, boosting in a Transformers game isn't new. ROTF made it necessary for one particular trophy, the viral one. The chance of getting that one trophy on your own is quite tough, maybe moreso now, assuming no one plays the game these days.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Is this another game you're talking about? Because thanks to High Moon's half-assed multiplayer, you can't have great experiences playing legit because the connection craps out every time two players with even a slight difference in signal quality come close to eachother, and the entire game ends because the host had to leave. That's if you can get a match to begin with, because in their infinite wisdom, High Moon didn't allow matches to be sorted between those with and those without DLC, so you may not even be able to play the game at all, depending on the luck of the draw.

20. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:

Out of curiosity, what system do you play WFC on? I play on the 360 and there is almost always 800+ people online playing. The lowest I have ever seen is around 560 online (usually in the morning). I have never had to wait on a game, unless I didn't have the DLC map for the match I was put in. I play conquest primarily because I have found that it yields the amount highest xp. I average 12-15k per match. A couple times I have gotten over 20k xp in one match. I just started playing the multiplayer about a month ago and have hit Prime mode in just a few weeks. I should have Prime mode level capped tonight. I have very few latency problems, but I agree it does suck when the host quits. I don't glitch and I have never been in a "boosting" match. I always have great experiences playing legit, only with the exception of the occasional glitchers I have encountered.