Heavy/Scratch: WFC Blaster w/Ramhorn,SteelJaw,Rewind, and Eject

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by shotokandragon, Feb 28, 2011.

1. shotokandragon

shotokandragon Well-Known Member

Inspired by frogDNA and completing Soundwave and Soundblaster a few weeks ago, I figured why not do Blaster. Made from the wfc soundwave mold, styrene work was done to the shoulders, removed the front wheels and fenders. Front of the tape deck was made to look like its G1 mold. Head came from a robot heroes blaster and re-sculpted. Feet came from wfc optimus prime. Gun was built using a acid storm missile launcher, styrene, and gundam parts. Painted in metallic lacquers and finished off with dull cote.
    Ramhorn started off as a ROTF legends class ravage, a lot of styrene and putty. Head came from a bakugan figure and modded.Feet were rearranged to give proper articulation.
    Steeljaw is off course from a ROTF legends class ravage, with a lot of cutting and styrene work.
    Rewind and Eject came from 2 spare perfect effect shadow warriors.
    Rest of the gallery can be seen on my facebook page:
    Phlip Side Customs | Facebook

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Sick!! This is one of the better Blaster bash. And you have his whole team on board! :thumb 

3. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Love me some Blaster customs, and that head seems to go very well with body! The work you did on steeljaw and ramhorm is great as well, I could barely tell what they came from. The weapons on ramhorn are a bit large, but thats the ONLY thing I can be nitpicky about Those group shots are just amazing.

4. shotokandragon

Thanks guys for the comments and critique. :) 

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Dude, i saw this before school today and you scared the crap outta me. I thought you'd put me out of business, as i'd already gone to make Minions for Blaster. Judging by the size, i'm guessing yours can't fit within Blaster's chest, can they?

My only critique of this bash is Blaster's legs. While i know it is a lot more common to see Blaster with silver legs, i think gray like his G1 toy would've helped a lot with the whole "War for Cybertron" look. Right now he just seems a bit too...clean, shiny, like he rolled off the production line yesterday. That's only made more obvious by the damages on Steeljaw (i know it's supposed to be his mane, but i think the point still stands), which make him seem more worn than Blaster.

Aside from that, this is one hell of a bash. Any chance you'll be casting the head? I've been wanting to make a Blaster like this, but the head put me off, and this one looks great. :)  I think i see his head in the Tape player mode, so i assume it can fit in alt. mode, is that true? Because i'd damn well be interested in one if it was.

6. JaZzMan26

JaZzMan26 Well-Known Member

Nice work man!

7. shotokandragon

Thanks for the input...the legs at first were painted in a dark grey but for some reason it was difficult to see the "speakers", so I went with a shiny route, but then it was to shiny, so I tried to give it a dark wash.
    No chance of casting heads...will tackle that idea maybe down the road, but if you come across a bunch of robot heroes blaster hook me up.
    Thanks again

8. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Sorry to say this, but the dark wash...i can't see it at all. Maybe it's the camera or something, but all i see is a shiny silver. :( 

And the feet blend in to the mould very nicely, great job once again. :) 

9. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    great job on all of them.

10. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Super sick. Not absolutely in love with his visor though. Ramhorn and steelhaw are off the hinges!

11. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

i want one, where can i get that head i was working on making one but stopped

12. the_last_toltek

the_last_toltek technobot

Ebay:
    i like your custom better than the regular soundwave.

13. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

pretty cooooool!