WFC bestbuy.com preorder still processing

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by garinhash, Jun 22, 2010.

1. garinhash

garinhash Well-Known Member

has anyone who preordered online with Bestbuy.com received a shipping notice yet?
    my order online shows as processing, I'd imagine by now it would have shipped I suppose, they could just be really busy getting orders out.

I would have preordered in store but the only Bestbuy(and Gamestop) is a 2 hour drive away

2. super mecha

super mecha Well-Known Member

how much did you pay?

3. garinhash

technically I haven't paid yet since the order hasn't shipped, but i think the total was something like $67-68.

4. super mecha

super mecha Well-Known Member

i got mine here in canada for 40 dollars

5. garinhash

did you get it from Bestbuy.com

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes I got my shipping notice yesterday.

7. garinhash

finally a update from Best buy

I called Best buy,the person I talked to said found that the best buy location that was supposed to send it ran out of copies, so best buy contacted the distributor of the game to mail it directly to me.
    the person I talked to also told me that their system should update at 6:00pm then I should finally get a shipment confirmation and tracking order.

got home after work and I had the confirmation and tracking info, now I'm just hoping it will include the Jazz code.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It should but if it does not I don't think there is anything you can do other than return it. Wow if a store sold out maybe the day one numbers for this game will be really good.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I ordered it for my nephew in New Jersey and they just shipped it today.
    Never again.

10. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    My buddy picked up the game at BB yesterday and didnt preorder it and got the Jazz code which has to mean thereis a pretty good quantity of codes.

11. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it seems the jazz code isn't a pre-order exclusive at all.. it's just a store exclusive.. not sure if it's the same for Shockwave or not.

12. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Gamestop codes are usually preorder only, they give you a little card or something with the code or they email it out. Bestbuy packs them in because they happen to be a much bigger company and sell a hell of alot more copies. Its just easier for them.

13. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

He was never a pre-order exclusive, but people thought otherwise because that's usually how it works. If you notice the best buy promotions it never says anything about specifically pre-ordering to get jazz, but it does say Jazz is an exclusive BB character, AND you could pre-order the game.

The BB retail boxes come with the Jazz code inside the sealed box, the cover art even advertises it inside. I know the gamestop codes aren't handled the same way. My code was printed on a receipt that I had to remind the guy to give me.

14. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ahh interesting.
    I may be wrong though, but wasn't it chalked up as a pre-order exclusive on the WFC website though?

15. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Sort of, it was pretty deceptive.
    The site had a button for pre-order, which you could click which would show all of the retailers. It also said something like, "Pre-order to unlock exclusive characters!"

You could then click each retailer to see which character they had to offer. "Pre-order to unlock exclusive characters" was technically true for Gamestop and Amazon, but not Best Buy. There were other retailers under that same header you could click on which didn't offer any characters at all of course.

edit: I should also say that the best buy video for Jazz did say "Pre-order to unlock exclusive character Jazz" which was true, but they didn't say that was the only way to do it either. Deceptive wording like I said

16. garinhash

I hope so.
    I have had extremely bad experiences ordering from Bestbuy.com
    the only reason I did order online with them was that the closest best buy is a 2 hour drive and I wanted the Jazz preorder.

17. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I chose store pick up as my shipping option and got it on release day. Haven't used Jazz yet since I'm going through the campaign still.