WFC Ammo System: Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sigma Prime, Jul 31, 2011.

?

What's your take about WFC's Ammo System?

1. It makes sense and works for me

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. Don't care either way

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. It's unrealistic for Transformers

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. I run out of ammo too much when I play

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Sigma Prime

Sigma Prime Heavy Iron

Though gameplay-wise, I do not have any problems with the ammo system, I think the Transformers, with all their advanced technology, can carry far more rounds than the game depicts. In Modern Warfare 2, one can carry 600+ bullets for their M4A1 in campaign, but in WFC, Prime's ion blaster only holds 300 rounds. Then there's the EMP shotgun, with only 2 shots per clip. Just my opinion.

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Sometimes I wish there was infinite ammo, but that ruins some of the fun. I wish the EMP shotty had 3 or 4 shots per clip. Also, Photon Burst Rifle runs ou of ammo very quickly.

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While people may complain about ammo systems in various video games, they have their purpose: Having to monitor your remaining ammunition adds an element of strategy. If you get rid of the ammo system, one can just hit the trigger and fire until they have to reload. Running out of ammo forces you to aim, targeting your shots for the maximum impact.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I prefer the ROTF and DOTM ammo systems myself.

5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I saw it as adding a fair challenge to the game. I never really had issues with it.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I don't care either way. But if WFC2 adopts the same ammo and health system as DOTM, and still has Escalation, then Escalation would lose all challenge.

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Balance and strategic consideration must be included when talking about ammo. It does NOT matter what the fluff is like...ultimately fluff is sacrificed in favor of balance in MP. Anyone ever play Warhammer 40K? If you have, then you know in the fluff that Space Marines are nigh invulnerable, and 100 Marines can take on forces 10x it's size and come out winning. If Space Marines in the game were exactly as they were in the fluff, then no one would be playing anything but Space Marines.

So instead of making them like their fiction, they're balanced for gameplay instead. This is exactly the case here. Sure, Transformers could conceivably have extremely high ammo counts or infinite ammo depending on the weapon, but that wouldn't make for good balancing. Unbalanced games make for horrible MP experiences. Look at Marvel vs Capcom 2 for instance. Sentinel, Maggy, Storm, and three or four others were the ONLY characters anyone played, because the other characters were so poorly balanced they stood no chance.

Also remember that in Modern Warfare 2, you could only carry so much ammo unless you leveled up Scavenger Pro. You had to take Scavenger Pro, which did not allow you to take more effective perks such as Marathon Pro or Sleight of Hand Pro.

8. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    agreed.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    :lol  at "unrealistic for Transformers."

10. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

The ammo system is good, but the clip sizes for some weapons is just plain confusing.

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I'm not a fan. Love the game, for sure. But I'd be happier if it used the DOTM system.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can see the reason for the ammo but at the same time when I played DotM it took me half the game to realize I didn't have ammo. That is a very good thing to me.

So I'd prefer if they drop the ammo but I won't be upset if they don't.