"We've done all we can do with Peter Parker as Spider-Man"

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Paladin, Jul 3, 2010.

1. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I woulden't want ASBAR to go away yet thougth, Miller is clearly trolling the stupid fanboys with that book for his own entertainment and I fully endorse that.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah! Because far be it from anyone to have an opinion on this matter based on what they read before they gave up, eh?

3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

While it's nice to say that they should look into what readers think, there is really no way to fairly do that. Should writers and artists spend all of their time searching the millions of message boards that talk about comics to find references to their work? Or should they just stick with the Marvel and DC boards?

Furthermore, you have to remember that this is the internet. It's where people come to be assholes. Would you really want to look around the internet for people calling you a no-talent cock juggling shit camel? I doubt it. The creators would not be able to get a truly even look at what people think of their work because usually it's the sociopathic malcontents that are the loudest.

The only way for a company to really see how popular a book is is to look at the numbers. If it sells a lot, it's popular. If it doesn't, it's not. They have better things to do than roam the interwebs looking at opinions.

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

No kidding, thats almost as bad as laughting at frequently repeating board trends.