Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Paladin, Jul 3, 2010.
Spinning Spider-Man's Web: Part 2 - Comic Book Resources
Not a good sign IMO.
The 2 things I got out of that is "blah blah blah we don't know what to do with Spider-Man blah blah blah" oh and "blah blah blah Joey Q is writing this next piece of shit arc blah blah blah." Then we have Wacker who obviously doesn't understand the character of Spider-Man and why he was always cracking jokes... uhm hey dumbass Spidey cracks jokes to help cover up his own insecurities about be a "good enough" super hero. Shit I have't read Spider-Man since the early 90's... guess I haven't missed anything.
NEW QUICK REPLY FEATURE FOR SPIDER-MAN THREADS, JUST POST THE NUMBER THAT CORRESPONDS TO YOUR POSITION!
1 - I'm not reading it, but i'm outraged because this is the internet!
2 - I read it and I hate it, but i'm stupid enougth to keep buying it!
3 - I don't have anything to say about Spider-Man, but I want an excuse to bash Quesada!
4 - I'm reading and I don't really mind.
5 - I'm not reading and refuse to do so until I get my own way about plot point X!
6 - Don't buy if you don't like it, get over it if you have stoped and are still crying.
7 - Like this never happened before, have you ever even read the character?
agreed! print some t-shirts with your list, ill buy one
If I could give you Karma, I would.
It's such a massive sign of a bad writer when they make statements like that... The thing about a fantasy world is you can literally do anything you can imagine, and Spider-Man has such a long history to draw from there's no excuse for not being able to think of something to do with the character.Maybe, just maybe, if they weren't burning through storylines three times faster than usual they'd have more time to think of something to do with the book. Something that, I dont know, doesn't involve decimating the history of the character.
P.S., I hate recons like Brand New Day for the same reason, but wasn't that supposed to prevent this exact problem? Gee, it's like the whole mess was all for nothing.
Meh. I can't get worked up about it.
Although, if they just go ahead and get Peter and MJ back together and married I will never stop laughing about it.
Welp, you had a goodn run, Spider-Man.
It's such a shame after all the hard work Stracynski put into livening up the book - he didn't need to magically seperate Pete and MJ when he started, even if they forced him to do it later.
I think when the "creative" team confess that they're out of ideas, it's time to get them off the book.
I had been picking up the trades, but I think it's time to call it a day. Get Ben Reilly magically re-introduced as Spider Man, give Pete a break and get back to me when there are some decent storylines in the pipeline...
This post is asking for trolls...... You dont like Spider Man make up your own thread to bash him. But the guy has a right to make a thread without it being trashed.
Fixed this point to make the whole thing applicable to threads about any Marvel and/or DC character. Epic list, though
As far as the actual topic, put me down as 40% (6), 40% (7) and 10% (1).
I gave up reading after half of the text. It's quite boring and just blabla. Guess I continue reading, when I slept. Story seemed like they never get to the point.
I don't see it as bashing the OP, who's simply reporting what was said. Rather he's mocking the obviously predictable responses that will follow with generic comments that, with slight tweaking, could probably apply to most messageboard "conversations".
Now I read the rest. What exactly has the headline of this thread got to do with the text you linked in the opening post?
The direct quote of the last sentence of paragraph 16 of that article is: "I feel like we've done as much as we can do in terms of Peter Parker's time as Spider-Man." I believe that's what the headline of this topic is referring to.
Anyway, I find it interesting that in this interview, this Stephen Wacker says he doesn't completely 'get' the jokey, funny Spider-Man. Really? That's a pretty essential part of the character. Spidey often uses his humor as a tool to keep the bad guys off balance, sometimes maybe even as a coping mechanism. I understand Wacker's point about the story sometimes being like a dark soap opera, but for the story to be fun, it can't all be dark all the time.
You dont read the comic forums much do you?
Well, in the long tradition of every comic book character EVER, it seems this calls for a full character reboot! You know, where they kill him off, mutate him, take away his powers, whatever, only to undo it a year later? So let's generate some totally original and completely not ripped off ideas!
1. Spider-man loses his powers, and Peter Parker retires. However, shortly after monsterous creatures begin to invade the earth. A mysterious benefactor gives him a special belt and other equipment that allow him to transform to fight the monsters, as Kamen Rider Spider-man!
2. Norman Osborne becomes president despite the staggering logical and legal evidence that this is a truly horrendous idea, and possibly even unconstitutional (Convicted murderer, certifiably insane and on medication, etc). Shortly afterwards, a gigantic, country sized meteor composed entirely of RAID bug spray is discovered hurtling towards earth. Osborne uses this opportunity to frame Spider-man, and declare him to be mentally unsound due to the meteor's effects. Now The Hulk must team up with Spider-man to help him clear his name, while every hero and villain in the Marvel universe is after their heads!
3. To combat an alien menace, Tony Star creates giant, transforming mecha, modeled after Spider-man and other heroes in the Marvel universe to combat the OH WAIT THEY ALREADY DID THIS ONE.
4. Spider-man learns of a universe where an editor decided that his marriage to MJ was 'uninteresting', and so erased it from existence with his magic pen, affecting Spider-man's universe as well. With Mr. Fantastic's help, Peter constructs a portal device to transport himself to this world, so he can visit this Editor and 'thank' him.
5. Peter mutates into a horrific spider creature, and so does the only logical thing he can: He starts a rap career under the monniker 'MC Pee Pants' (Cookies for who gets the reference)
Anyone else got any ideas?
Separate names with a comma.