Western Pennsylvania Meet Up

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by thenatureboywoo, May 6, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Hello all.

I wanted to start up a meet up for the Transformer fans in the western Pennsylvania area. Not sure how to start it or go about it so any and all input is good for me. I would like to volunteer my house but I'm kind north for the Pittsburgh area, so maybe a local park down there like North Park or South Park and go from there. Thought it might be kind of cool. Maybe migrate to some stores and comic shops. Let me know if this is a cool idea.

Thanks,
    Chad aka thenatureboywoo

2. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I'd be up for it. I would even volunteer my house as the meet up point, but I don't think many people would want to travel to Mt Davis....

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be kind of cool. I've only met Gargunkle from here a couple of times, briefly, and that was only because he was cool enough to pick up a couple things for me.

I don't really have a house to offer up, although I might be able to cajole my uncle into offering his house up for a bit. Heidelberg wouldn't be in the worst location for something like this, I think.

4. chiptimus_prime

chiptimus_prime Superfluous Trailer

News Credits:
    Hey guys. I was actually thinking of doing the same thing, and had considered setting this up at meetup.com so people could find it (but that cost money) I'd be happy to offer up my place. I'm on the north side, right in the city. (easy to get to, right off 279) we've got a big place and if the weather is good we can hang out on the deck, throw some food on the grill. If people want to bring bots and parts to swap that would be cool too.

~Chiptimus

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks Chiptimus, that's awesome. I can bring the food and buns to be grilled. And I love the idea of bringing bots and stuff to swap. I'm still a newb to how this would work. :) 

6. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

Did anything ever become of this? Western PA def needs some transformer love!

7. sportinmorton

sportinmorton Decepticon Beer-Tester

Count me in (I'm in Western MD, but that's close enough)!