Were you glad or annoyed that scenes were cut?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Many of us have monitored the film's development development since the beginning so I'm sure many of you knew when you watched the film if not afterwards that there was scenes missing. For example, where was the Autobot's Go Home thing? We didn't really experience this apart from I think TV footage (I can't remember).

Overall I loved DotM's pacing and the time we spent between humans and bots was handled well this time. Out of the 3 films this one didn't have "human filler" like the last 2 so each scene was like BAM, BAM, BAM - every scene was important. It made watching this lengthy film great and adding extra boring footage could have dragged it down.

However, I love long films and wouldn't mind seeing an extended edition on a separate disk.

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I'm glad because I wouldn't want to sit in the theater that long. I had just seen the first two LoTR movies in their extended cut at the theater the previous two weeks. I opted out of seeing the third one because 3+ hours at the theater is not very comfortable. I'm fine if those missing parts show up on the DVD/BD because at least then I can pause and take a break or something.

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

That part of the plot was taken along with Skids and Mudflap.

Despite editing evidence of the Twins are there. The NEST bay scene the Autobots entering has two in the end. Somebody shouts off screen "Mudflap" during Sentinel Prime's rampage indicating one of them was killed. In adaptations they were killed by Sentinel.