Were you a Genesis (Mega Drive) or Super Nintendo kid?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Hand Of Omega, Jul 6, 2009.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Had both, but played the SNES more

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I went the whole way and got a Mega-CD 32X. Regretted the 32X upgrade though, as new releases stopped the moment I brought one. :(  The Mega-CD was worth it just for Sonic CD though. Inherited a 2nd Megadrive when my brother moved to Australia, might get it out of the cupboard sometime. :D 

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Genesis = sports

Nintendo = RPG'S

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe, but I played FF2 and 3 on SNES and a lot more RPGs on the Genesis. In the end, I found them to have an equal amount. One of the first RTSs ever came out for Genesis, eons before Warcraft and Command and Conquer

5. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SNES until Playstation came around but I still love the SNES graphics.

6. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    Had the SNES, but mostly played on my Amiga. That computer had so much amazing games!

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My parents first got me the Genesis. I liked it a lot, and had a lot of fun, but I REALLY wanted to play some of the SNES games, so I horded my allowance for a few months and used some birthday money for the SNES. So, I ended up with both, but I would have to say the SNES had a lot more games I enjoyed and was an overall more impressive system.

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Super Nintendo all the way. :D 

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I had both and then added the dreadful 32X to the Genesis.

10. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis. When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this

Super NES From day 1!! I never got into the Genesis, the sound and graphics did not appeal to me as much as the SNES.

11. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis. When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this

Super NES From day 1!! I never got into the Genesis, the sound and graphics did not appeal to me as much as the SNES.

12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I can't help but laugh a little at the thought of using a PC for video games in the early 1990s. There was Wolfenstein 3D and what? Even NES emulation was glacial until you had a Pentium. It just seemed very barren up until the later years of the decade.

That said, I loved the SuperNES. It was the last system that made me feel important to the market. Lots of full games from many companies, few exclusives or late cut down ports. It's hard to imagine having another home library that comes close to it.

13. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    SNES

And now that I think of it, I've had almost every version of a nintendo console except the N64

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I wanted a Genesis, but I wanted a SNES much, much more, so that's what I got. I also found Sega's attempts to mislead me in their TV advertising insulting and offensive. "Blast Processing" my ass.

Funny, I wasn't a fan of either genre.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sega, because I thought Sonic and his commercials were so cool. In retrospect I'd of rather been a SNES kid.

16. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Me too. I still play it a lot. Don't know why I didn't mention it previously. I honestly thought at the time, "this is as good as it will ever get!"
    Wasn't there a sequel on the PSX called 'Fade To Black'? I'm sure it was a sequel.

Uh yes, 'Splatterhouse 2'. I remember in a toy store once they put it up on display in their Sega area and kids would flock there as they'd never seen that kind of thing on a console until then.
    I guess the store thought, "great, sales, sales, sales!", but they quickly removed it when parents complained of its graphic violent nature.
    So, with a name like 'Splatterhouse' and the cover art of a guy wielding a bloody club surrounded by monsters, I'd have thought that obvious to the store staff.

Yeh, I was let down with the Mega-CD as well. The releases stopped the moment we upgraded too! They were mostly point and click games. 'Jurassic Park', 'Dracula', 'Road Avenger' (Road Blaster FX) - all lame.

True, his ads had us, my brother and I, in awe! Then there was the animated show and that was great too. One of the highest rating animated shows, I beleive, at the time. Read that somewhere. As yet, no Sonic feature film either.

17. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

I had a SNES, but I was a NES kid myself I played it all the way up through the 16 and 32 bit generations more than anything.

Me too. I got a Playstation instead of a N64 because of the RPGs... although I strangely never bought FF7... my first PSX game was Star Ocean 2. By the time the PS2 came out I was pretty RPG'd out because I didn't have time to play them all anymore and I got a Gamecube instead.

18. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

My bro & I got Sega Genesis first, but despite the games we got I never felt like it was the best system console out there. Fortunately, we were able to get a Super Nintendo later on, and Genesis was the last Sega console I own.

19. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Snes- pretty much from 14-18 was all snes stuff for me.

20. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

SNES for me.