were transformers given in your family to someone besides (or from) yourself?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Dec 25, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

in my family, there were 4 kids of typical toy-receiving age. however none of them received any transformers. actually, no action figures were given at all, except for one 6 year old getting a 5-in-1 robo thing from big lots that looked a bit like the old gobot power suit thingy. so did anyone give or receive transformers that had nothing to do with you?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I don't think so. I did send transformers to my neices and nephews. They all got classics.

3. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Not a single one! :cry  Of course, there's only one kid in our family, my 7yo nephew, who is old enough for TFs.

I, however, did give my nephew a Primus to go along with the Sup. Starscream that I gave him for his birthday this year. Too bad I won't get to see him open it. His parents (my brother and his wife) didn't make it to my parent's house yesterday or today, so I won't be around when he gets Primus. I'm conviced that he will soil his Underoos (he sure did when he got that Sup. SS...I've never seen a kid so happy to get a TF).

I rarely even received TFs myself as a kid. About the only way I got them was to buy them myself with my own money (my parents thought they were too fragile for such expensive toys).

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

that's weird, because they seemed to be flying off the shelves. I really wonder how many went to kids and how many are bought by collectors. it really seems to me that it's more than just the 20-30% of purchases are by adult collectors.

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    oh, yeah, my kids got LOTS of 'em. Some Cybertron, a few classics, a 20th and a ths-02 and tech deck dude Primes in their stockings ;) 

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

that's cool, but I'm also looking to see if anyone other that us transfans were doing the giving of transformers...

7. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I got my eight year old nephew Classic Rodimus and my old copy of TFTM. He LOVED Rodimus, actually kept calling him Hot Rod. :D  The greatest moment of the day was when he put in TFTM, sat down in front of the tv with Rodimus in hand and began to watch and sing along to the theme. :rock 

Edit - Ah, just saw your post ckhtiger. Well, not sure what my nephew got from his parents, but I know it was a SWTF.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I believe there is another thread about the lack of TF's on the shelves. I know in my area there's only Primus' and 20th DVD Primes left. a couple voyagers here and there, and the CYB deluxes and scouts are GONE! Classics-GONE!

looks like other people were buying 'em more compared to other years. That's good for me, more room for new stuff :D 

9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    When I was younger, maybe about between the ages of 7 to 10, I always used to give any males friends whose parties Id been invited too transformers. The ones I remember in particular were some kid in my grade 5 classes 10th birthday, and I got him Fuzors Noctorro, and way back in 1997 one of my friends 7th birthdays, and I got him Cyberjet Hoooligan (is there a better gift thatn that I asks ya?)

EDIT: I just read the 'in the family' part of the title. Woops

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

No. My family is boring lol. Everyone gives cash or gift cards
    (or sweaters you'll never wear)

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope...all the kids in my family prefer er, console games or soft toys.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I gave both my nephews SWTFs. They loved them.

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I just mentioned in another thread that one of my cousins got Classics Grimlock. He also got Cybertron Thundercracker, Alternator Rollbar, and 2 Star Wars TFs. I would've also bought him stuff if I was employed.

In related news, my step-nephew apparently loves collecting hot wheels/matchbox cars and then crashing them into each other and making vrooming noises. I have to say I loved that. I'm so used to kids these days doing nothing but playing Gameboys, that to see a kid actually playing with toys the way I used to really pleased me. Now all he needs is a Classics Megs to run around making pew pew noises with

14. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Absolutely. My son got the following from various family (as well as the wife and me, of course):

Cyb Smokescreen
    Cyb Beast Megatron
    Cyb Beast Prime
    Cyb Breakdown GTS
    Cl Bumblebee
    Cl Mirage
    Cl Grimlock
    Cl Prime
    All 3 Cl Minicon packs
    3" Ti G1 Prime
    TF Attacktix booster pack