Were these following Decepticons made into G1/Classic/Universe or Generation toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I bet you all remember that I made a list of Transformer movie Autobots and that I'm going to try and buy them in their G1 forms:

Optimus Prime - Classics
    Bumblebee - Classics
    Ironhide - Universe/Henkei (or the Botcon repaint of Energon Tow-Line)
    Ratchet - Universe/Henkei
    Jazz - RtS
    Sideswipe - RtS

Skids - Energon Tow-Line
    Mudflap - Not applicable (Mudflap as a name did not exist until Cybertron, and even then every time the name has been used for a different series the character is not the same)
    Arcee - Third party
    Chromia - No toy
    Elita-1 - Botcon redeco of Cyb. Thunderblast
    Jetfire - Classics
    Wheelie - Classics
    Jolt - The only times this name has NOT been used for a Decepticon is as a mini-con and Movie Jolt.
    Mirage - Classics
    Wheeljack - Generations (or Energon Downshift as a stand-in)

Leadfoot - PCC Leadfoot does a pretty nice job.
    Roadbuster - That Target exclusive redeco of Cyb. Def. Hot Shot.
    Topspin - Other than the jumpstarter? Nope. The only other time I know this name was used was for the TFCC helicopter limb, who is nothing like the actual Topspin.
    Sentinel Prime - The first time this name was used for a toy was for Animated SP. This name was virtually comic-only and has only recently come back into use thanks to the Animated cartoon and the need to explain the Prime lineage before Optimus.

The ones that are in red are the ones I've got recently I checked off my list. I might be getting an Optimus tomorrow. However, the guy who is selling it to me says that the truck pipe gun is missing. I don't even know if that is important.

Anyway, I'm even making a list of Decepticons from the movie into G1 form. However, I don't intend to buy them, I just want to know if there are toys of the certain characters. I can think of,

Classic Megatron
    Classic Starscream
    G1 Brawl
    G1 Constructicons
    G1 Soundwave
    G1 Ravage
    G1 Laserbeak
    Generation Frenzy
    Titanium The Fallen
    G1 Shockwave

But what about the others?

Barricade
    Blackout
    Sideways
    Doctor
    Grindor (i don't think there is a toy of him)
    Crankcase
    Crowbar
    Hatchet
    I can't remember any others.

Are there G1 form toys of them?

2. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
  3. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Sometimes, Wikipedia never helps me.

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I don't think I'm gonna get very far with this ignoring thing.
    Is it just me, or from the look of the title, did LW just make a DUPLICATE thread of the one he made like, less then a month ago?
    Hey, Lazerwave, how bout you just make one thread, titled "Lazerwave needs his answerz" and then ask every question and make every paranoid statement he wants to?

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not Wikipedia. It's Transformers-specific Wiki that's more accurate and helpful. Every so often the website might be down for a little bit, but the occasional technical issues aside, the website is quite helpful when it comes to researching stuff regarding toys or fiction.

6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I lose conversations that way. I could be asking one question then moving on to the next one, they all the answers I get could get me mixed up. Example, One day I could ask should I get Classic Optimus Prime without gun, then next day I ask Is Human Alliance Bumblebee worth getting? All those answers could lead to yes, but yes to what?

7. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Trust me, Transformers wiki even posted Leader Class Blackout is going to be released a couple of times. I believe it, jump with joy, then an hour later the news is gone. Happened to me 6 times already for the same toy.

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    People tend to clarify. Are you made of paranoia? Your saying that you prefer to make dozens of threads, which leads to angry responses, which leads to you complaining about the angry responses, but you don't want to rectify that for your own convienence?

9. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Sometimes my question could be different. Example, Dotm Wheeljack Do you think his Mechtech weapon could be a toolbelt or Dotm Wheeljack, Do you think his head will be like a Geppetto head or remade into something cool just like Jetfire? I know I have an uncontrollable obssesion to owning toys of every main character, but I don't intend to give anyone a hard time. I just look for a reasonable opinion that everyone agrees with and that is what to look forward to in the future.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People are usually more specific than that on here. Individual posts are often quoted during specific responses so people know just what the hell they're responding to.

Out of curiosity...we are both talking about tfwiki.net, correct? I was unaware TFWiki ever posted a Leader Blackout as happening, if that in fact was posted. My impression, from what I've noticed, is they only post toys that are formally announced, and then update them as more information comes along...unlike Wikipedia, the quality of the provided information is more of a crapshoot.

Because when you can make things harder on yourself and generate more fan angst in the process, apparently you just have to do it!

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    And that's fine, but you don't have to do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... localize it to one thread. Or, use the threads that already exist for the topic.

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Fine, I have a hard time relocating my old threads. I'm going to sleep now. And when I wake up I hope for a Wheeljack or Mirage toy image on this site, finding out it's just the same old news like right now.

13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    You'll see it about twenty days from now.

14. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Here is the ultimate problem with your list: just because they reused a name from a prior series, DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE THE SAME CHARACTER. Truth be told, I think this entire endeavor borders on the ridiculous, even for a fan.

Movie Skids, Mudflap, AND Jetfire are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from prior incarnations.

A great example is Grindor, who prior to being a recolor for Blackout, only prior use was on MINI-CONS. Or Barricade, who was a name grab for Hasbro to stick anywhere until it ended up on the movie character which made the name RELEVANT to one specific character. In G1, he was a Micromaster, and Energon slapped the name on a combiner limb.

Sideways' major role was in the Unicron Trilogy and has no "G1 counterpart" And I'm further baffled by this list when you say the club Topspin "who isn't anything like the actual Topspin". Well guess what? Classics Jetfire isn't one dang bit like movie Jetfire aside from being a jet.

So again, I'm a bit at a loss for helping you when your own list is all over the place in regards to what you will "accept". Just stick with the movie toys, who ACTUALLY REPRESENT THE MOVIE CHARACTERS.

For References, the REAL TF Wiki is damned good: www.tfwiki.net
    And TFU.info is GREAT for name references, you can even look up names, rather trying to muddle through the wiki's continuity approach: www.tfu.info

15. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

Collect how you want to collect. Whatever makes you happy.

As for Crankcase, there's the 2008 Movie Crankcase.
    Crankcase (Movie) - Transformers Wiki
    Although it is a movie version, it is a redeco of Cybertron Red Alert. Since you have listed some Cybertron and Energon figs, this fits into your criteria.