Were the Wreckers meant to be new arrivals at one point?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Jan 8, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i was looking at concept artwork of the Wreckers scrapped Cybertronian modes and i was thinking why they bothered doing cybertronian modes for them as they have been on earth ever since ROTF, so it came up to my mind if the Wreckers were meant to be New arrivels like Mirage, Wheeljack and Brains or we were meant to have flashbacks of the arrival of the second wave of autobots

what u think?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    The director woman said they arrived with the second wave of Autobots. That's about all we know.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, apparently there was supposed to be a chase scene filmed at a NASCAR race, so my first guess was that the original intent of the characters was for them to have arrived at said NASCAR race and scan their alt modes there (and perhaps engage in a battle with some 'Cons, based on that concept art). But that sort of contradicts with Mearing's description of their presence.

But then again, with movies like these, there are HUNDREDS of concepts that are dropped in pre-production that don't make it into the movie. This was probably just another one of them.

4. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pity...

My guess is that they had a run-in with the Top Gear Gang...

5. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    you werent paying attention to the thread i was saying if the wreckers were meant to be new arrivals at one point due to the fact they ahd artwork of their cybertronian modes OR we were meant to have a flashabck of when they arrived to earth with Jolt, Chromia, Elita-1, Arcee, Mudflap and Sideswipe,

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I did pay attention, and all we know is what was shown.

Unless there's some commentary or interview that states otherwise, then anything else is speculation. I hate speculation.

7. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Yeah, eagc7, as for what the movie reveals to us, firehawc_69 summed it up. For all intended purposes, the final film Wreckers are simply Autobots who help maintain the Xanthium while it's under NASA's study and care. They came with the second wave of Autobots, but stayed with NASA as opposed to joining the rest of the 'Bots. That's all we know of their origin.

And as I said, the concept art just reveals numerous possibilities of what they had planned. Or planned on planning to have. ;) 

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I herd the Xanthium not only contained the Wreckers but also Skids, Mudflap, Sideswipe and the Arcee triplets.

9. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    dude i know that. the thread is about if the wreckers were meant to be new arrivals just like WHeeljack, Mirage and Brains in the movie early drafts or not (due to having scrapped protoforms artwork for all 3 of them)

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Any idea that is seriously considered for the movie MUST be fleshed out. There's just no way for the crew to know if it'll work or not until they got something to go with.
    Since the Wreckers's protoforms and Steeljaw appear in concept art, it's safe to say they were at one point seriously considered for the movie (Hasbro making including Steeljaw with HA Leadfoot backs this up). The art also suggests an action scene at a race track, and there was talk of just that (though I cannot cite where), though Nizzi could've just been making them look cool.

Them appearing suddenly half-way through the film and Mearing's line strike me as awkward (particularly since Mr. Gould uses also calls Megatron an asshole), like they were supposed to have been introduced already but that scene was cut so they had to make do with a one-line introduction.

There really needs to be an artbook. All sorts of ideas are implied with the concept art (and Hasbro's occasional usage of them), but we can't do anything but speculate until something official clears things up.

11. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Whoever decided not to do that. I WANT HIS FREAKING FACE.

12. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    :lol  Cool it, Mr. Wreckers fan. It was probably dropped because of a myriad of possibilities. Whether it was Bay, Spielberg, Krueger, Paramount, Hasbro. Someone obviously decided that it'd be oo expensive, couldn't get the clearance to do so (from various parties), didn't fit with the script, didn't have time, etc.. Who knows? You can always imagine how it might've panned out. After all, whatever you'd imagine would probably be better than what we would've gotten.

13. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate to be "that guy", but I'd love to see the pics you're talking about...

14. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    They arrived with the second wave that means they came with Dino and Que

15. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    WRONG!

First Wave: Optimus and gang

Second wave

Sideswipe (Pilot), Twins, Arcee-Sisters, Jolt, wreckers and the Offscreen-Characters

3rd Wave

Dino, Que

16. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) Brains is some kind of weird Decepticon experiment to create a 'Brain unit' drone thats purpose was never fully explained. He never arrived with the Autobots or on the Xantium

2) The Xantium was never included in any script or continuity for ROTF so i presume they only thought of it as a way to try and fit the Wreckers in with the plot and to add a spaceship.

Basically... The Xantium is an excuse done by Bay to explain the arrival of the Autobots in ROTF and the sudden appearance of an Autobot spaceship so the Autobots can be flown to the moon and exiled later.

From early ideas i presume the Wreckers were meant to be shown arriving at the Nascar track and scanning vehicle forms or taken part in a later battle with decepticons as they were meant to be in a chase around Chicago and at the Nascar track. The Nascar idea was later scrapped due to time restraints and the Chicago scene never took form after the incident with Bumblebee.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    joshnizzi.com
    All the Wreckers (including Steeljaw) and the Dreads have both protoforms and Earth-forms.

18. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crap - totally forgot about those...
    Thanks, already have all of them.

19. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Nizzi's site has those images.

EDIT:

"Noideaforaname" should be referred to as "Hewhoprovidesthesauce". Good work! :thumbs2: 

20. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Wheeljack and Mirage never came with the Wreckers, the Second Wave are Sideswipe, Arcee, Skids, Mudflap and also possibly (but not fully sure) along Knockout, Longarm, Salvage and Beachbreak

Wheeljack and Mirage arrived to earth in 2010, while The Second Wave in 2008

(i dont think Jolt is part of the second wave as he claimed Knockout have been longer on earth than him)