Were the 'Cons ever gonna kill Dylan?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Axel990, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    This is something that kind of hit me a few minutes ago.

As we all saw in the film, Laserbeak was ordered by Megatron and Soundwave to kill off all the humans which the Decepticons had ties to, most likely to protect the secrecy of their involvement. However, they never killed Dylan Gould, the main human antagonist.

I was curious if you think the 'Cons ever had the intention to, or were really going to allow him to live. Granted, his family had done work for the Decepticons since the early 60s. But when it comes right down to it, when to the Decepticons ever keep their word with human associates? As we saw in the G1 cartoon, Dr. Arkeville was under the assumption that Megatron would keep his word and allow the scientist to rule the Earth once he helped Megatron, but even Arkeville was ultimately screwed over.

I'll be honest, I was pretty amazed that Dylan was treated as an equal to them in some way, like with Dylan actually giving orders to Soundwave on two occasions: having him retract his tentacles aimed at Carly and to kill their Autobot prisoners.

So what do you think? Was Dylan to live the good life for a short while, only to meet his demise at the claws of Laserbeak like many others, or was he to live on in the new Decepticon regime (had it been successful)?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He was good as dead from the moment he meant Soundwave and Laserbeak.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I can see Megatron being a prick and having someone offing him.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

They were either going to kill or enslave him once they got what they wanted. In the execution scene where Dylan orders the Decepticons not to take any prisoners, you can catch a hint of sarcasm in Soundwave's voice when he obliges him.

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    The Cons will probably kill Dylan eventually. Or worst, make him work as one of their human slaves.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    He was probably going to die.

7. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    But didn't they technically have what they wanted once they took over Chicago? All the 'Cons were under the assumption the Autobots were killed when Starscream blew up the ship, and it was damn near impossible for any human military forces to get into the city. To me atleast, that looks like a done deal.

8. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

The thing I dont understand is when Dylan told Soundwave to kill the autobots, why did Soundwave listen to him? I mean yeah killling the autobots is what Soundwave probably wanted but it looked like Dylan was calling the shots. If I was a 20 foot tall badass robot i would not take orders from a human.

9. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    This. If Dylan is just gonna die anyways, why listen to him?

10. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was less that Dylan was bossing ANYONE around, but the way he was talking to Soundwave, especially in the scene with Sam and Carly, it made it seem that as long as he was being polite and requesting, instead of just bossing him around, that the Decepticons didn't mind obliging his requests that so-and-so be spared and the like. Without Dylan (And his father before him), their plan would have been much more difficult, if not impossible, to execute; it's only reasonable to keep Dylan happy, since he's willingly working for the Decepticons.

11. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

I think that Dylan's father helped the Decepticons the most and then he does as well let them spare him.

Soundwave knows Dylan the longest if I get the mention of this right.

Soundwave's sarcasm (if there was any) could have been more - "I was thinking the same thing" - or trying to throw the Autobots off.

I doubt the Decepticons cared for him much but he was "raised" to work with them - making him practically a Decepticon in nature himself. The rest of the people working with the 'cons were adults when they worked with them.

12. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

In both occasions where Dylan ordered, he HAD a point:

On the first: Sam wouldn't collaborate with his girlfriend being raped and murdered [not necessairly in this order] by mechanical tentacles right on his face, Soundwave probably realized that.

On the second: He made a point about not leaving prisioners alive and the fact more Autobots were coming to strike Soundwave and his pals down.

Besides, Soundwave was clearly mocking him on the second one, like if here thinking: "The human thinks he commands SHIT around here".

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope so. So much for saving your hide McCreepy.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

That's pretty much my answer right there.

15. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I hope so he was really annoying imo.

16. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    yep

17. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Now that I think about it, the way Dylan "gives Soundwave orders" is probably due to how long they've known one another. Like a family friend sorta thing. The way lines are delivered would also back it up. "Soundwave, would you please." not, "Soundwave, stand down!" and "Prisoners? Your keeping prisoners? This was buisiness but now it's personal, do you understand me?" when it could have been "Prisoners? No. Execute them Soundwave!"

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Probably. Even if Soundwave hadn't anything against Dylan, Megatron or some other human-hating Decepticon might have offed him down the track.

This state of affairs makes me miss the Decepticons of the Masterforce era and Marvel's Headmasters arc, who weren't adverse to actual, sincere partnerships with humans.

19. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I got the vibe that Soundwave actually considered Dylan a friend. I don't recall SW being a prick to him at all.

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    Soundwave should've squished him when he had the chance. I mean, what human orders SOUNDWAVE around?