Were names ever given to the 13?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We always hear about them but nothing in detail.

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The whole thing about the thirteen is their vagueness and aura of mystery. But, anyway, the named members so far are:

Prima
    Vector Prime
    The Fallen
    Logos Prime
    Nexus Prime

Hasbro noted in a recent Q&A that there is also at least one female member, and solicitations for the upcoming "Exodus" novel state that a surviving thirteen member will play some kind of role in the story.

3. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Read their TFWiki article.

That said, of the Thirteen, only five have ever been confirmed:

Prima
    The Fallen (real name unknown)
    Vector Prime
    Logos Prime
    Nexus Prime

G2's Liege Maximo is also supposed to be a member of the Thirteen but he's never been officially confimred as one of them.

Apparently, another one is supposed to be revealed in the WfC prequel novel 'Exodus'.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Well, The Fallen is known to be one of the Original 13, and I think Prima is another one.

5. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Interesting, I thought Alpha Trion would be one.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    As Simon Furman, who created the Liege Maximo as well as the concept of the original 13, stated that the Liege Maximo is one of Primus' original creations, then I think it is safe to add him to the list as well. I know the story where that was stated is considered non-canon, but so was the concept of the original 13 at the time it was introduced.

Just saying. I personally consider Liege Maximo to be a part of that list until something definitively comes along to disprove it.

7. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Kind of sad that Alpha Trion is one. I wonder which one will show up in the Exodus book.

8. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Even though it isn't explicitly stated that he is one of them, it doesn't mean he isn't. Time will tell ... maybe.

9. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cause only 7 had names :lol 

10. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

nexas prime is combier

11. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Crap I meant to say isn't. I wanted him to be one.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TF is not Arthurian Legend.
    it would be an interesting factoid to know, but i don't sweat not knowing the 13 until they all are revealed in canon or toys become reality.

Unfortunately, as easily as The Fallen fell to Necro-Prime (he wore a corpse!) i can understand why the 13 are someone's backyard Modern Art Sculpture, lol.

13. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prima is the very first Transformer, right?

So it would make sense that, in the Movieverse, not only would he be one of the Original 13, but the leader of the Primes as well!

14. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    There was plans for a "Original 13" book but it's all on the backburner for now. Also the Logos Prime name is still rather sketchy at the moment due to shakey translations from the Beast Wars Reborn text story. (Specially odd from a Japanese source to get a Prime instead of a Convoy). Don't believe everything you read on the Wiki.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Just like Primus and Unicron, there is only one single group of 13 across the entire TF multiverse.

16. E. C. R. Former

The thing is, Logos never actually identified himself by name: he called himself "Soundblaster" in the Beast Wars Reborn text, even though it established him as an Ancient equal to Vector Prime not to mention the fact that the silhouette picture of the Thirteen from the same website the text story was from World of Transformers also included his silhouette and thus established him as a member of the Thirteen. The name "Logos Prime" comes from TFCC.

Not to mention, considering that Vector Prime's Japanese name is "Vector Prime", the Convoy rule doesn't apply.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Not in the traditional sense.

The comic story and additional information on the profile page establishes that the original Transformer was a single entity, Nexus Prime, but that to protect certain knowledge such as the location of Prima's sword, the original Star Saber, he divided himself into five pieces and hid those five across many different realities. His five parts eventually awoke as individuals, who came together and reformed into a single being - with some lingering elements of the personalities of the five.

While functionally, Nexus Prime is a combiner, story wise, he is presented in reverse, a single being who divided into five lesser beings.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Most likely not. The Thirteen are multiversial singularities, meaning there's only one of them throughout all of the Transformers series (so The Fallen from ROTF was the same guy from Dreamwave).

Problem with Alpha Trion is there's six different Alpha Trions. If he was one of the Thirteen, there would just be one dimension-travelling guy with the same personality. While one could argue most of them are so similar he COULD be travelling around without us knowing, the evil Shattered Glass version kinda nixes this idea.

19. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, the name "Logos Prime" was first noticed by fans in the timeline published in the Kiss Players manga graphic novel, in the segment referring to the events of "Beast Wars Reborn" - it very much comes from a Japanese source, and it IS "Prime", NOT "Convoy". The second half of the Reborn text story hasn't been translated, either, so it may actually be in there (I'm assuming it wasn't made up for the timeline, at any rate). This, of course, is then coupled with the fact that the story was written by Hirofumi Ichikawa, who is always VERY aware of what's going on in western Transformers fiction and is known to prefer it to Japanese stuff for the most part. He was quite clearly intending a thirteen reference with the character (an equal of Vector Prime from the ancient past of Cybertron with a "Prime" title and incredible powers over space and time? C'mon.) and he also wrote the World of Transformers website on which the illustration of the 13, containing a very-Soundblaster-like-head, appears.

But, to be fair to the original point: No, nobody has simply stood up and said: "LOGOS PRIME IS ONE OF THE THIRTEEN." But if he's not, then, dude, biggest and most pointless red herring in the history of the universe.

20. E. C. R. Former

My bad. Thanks for correcting me.