were any of the cybertron minicon repaints from ones that came with larger figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Nov 7, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

hopefully the title explains my question well enough. all I'm wondering is if the cybertron minicons that were released that were basically armada repaints were any of the ones that came with larger figures like prime, scavenger, etc.

I'm asking this because I want to get a figure of each minicon mold, but there are some of the larger figures from armada that I just simply see no point in owning, and am hoping to get their minicons some other way than buying the larger sets. on the same note, if there's any easy way to get individual minicons, I'd love to hear about it.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Nope, afraid not, all of the Cybertron Minicons were either new molds or repaints of Armada Minicon 3-packs. If you want the minicons that were exclusive to larger Armada figures, you'd have to look into the Japanese Micron Boosters that released repaints of Corona Sparkplug, Thunderwing, etc.

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Off the top of my head, Takara released repaints of these partner Mini-Cons in the Micron Booster Series.

-Sparkplug
    -Corona Sparkplug
    -Thunderclash
    -Nightbeat
    -Refute
    -Incinerator
    -Crumplezone
    -Dead End

And while we're on the subject, I'm surprised Hasbro didn't release the partner Mini-Cons for Cybertron Blurr, Buzzsaw, Runamuck, Longrack, Optimus, and Demolishor. Most Mini-Cons partners shared the same mold with their respective Autobot/Decepticon. That could have been a whole wave of Mini-Con two-packs.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Like anyone would buy the Refute vs Nightbeat two-pack?

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Pft, I would, just to put them with Cybertron Longrack and Runamuck.
    They (takara) did repaint all of the partners of the armada remolds in their respective color schemes, so the Crumplezone repaint had the yellow color scheme of the Buzzsaw retool, etc.
    DN

6. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    speaking of which, and i really didn't feel like making a new topic for this:

A-Sideswipe should've been Nightbeat, and name the bike... oh who the hell cares. But seriously. Look at A-Sideswipe. that's TOTALLY nightbeat - blue sedan, legs in th e back, arms in the front, visor type eyes, non-roundy helmet...