Went to my first "gig" last night

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peeman, Apr 14, 2007.

1. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well despite being nearly 19 i had never been to a gig before, i just don't really like the idea of really loud music so you can't talk to each other although i guess you get used to it, its just never appealed to me before. Anyway the bands were hillarious, not good but funny as hell.

The first band was the reason we went cos my friends brother was in them, they were all about 16 though so looked really weird on stage, also because of all the under 18's in the building the place wasn't serving alcohol to 11 grrrrr, anyway they weren't terrible but probably got out of the night looking less like tits than the other 2 bands

The second band thought they were really gods gift to man. At the end of every song they thought it was cool to just stand there and abuse the crowd for 5 minutes calling us a bunch of f**kers about 20 times, unfortunatly they weren't populer enough for people to boo and play along and so the whole place just stood their in silence, i think the penny dropped with the band though who played one more song and literally ran off the stage about 20 minutes early fearing beatings, and realising they hadn't gone down to well.

The last band was the main act and it was the last time they were playing together so the place was packed, they were sooooo "populer" none of me or my 4 mates had ever heard of them. Anyway they were ok until at the end of their performance the lead singer thought he would be cool and smash his guitar, unfortunatly it doesn't have the same dramatic effect as doing it right at the end of the song than when after 4 times of trying to smash the thing the guitar still isn't broken , after about 30 seconds of trying to break the thing he had to jump onto the floor and on the 5th attempt managed to wreck his guitar. The drummer was trying to be equally hardcore but clearly didn't want to mess up his stuff, so he picked his drums about 6 inches off the floor and then dropped them again and strutted off thinking he was well cool, ofcourse during this whole debacle people were just laughing at them as they accross as tossers wrecking 100's of pounds/dollars worth of equipment (the guitar) than actually being cool

so was an eventful night, i would go back again but the lack of alcohol until 11 meant you had to listen to all the bands sober which i'm not sure is something i can do again :) 

can anyone else remember there first gigs and have any fun memories

cheers

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i was notorious amongst my gig going buddies for actually sleeping during gigs.

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I remember my first gig. I was playing some Grindcore, Punkrock in this place called the Barn! It was a barn show house, I was trippin on Acid. I was 16, best gig ever man. Keep it up, wait till you start traveling, you will really have some times. Check out my band TornBetween!

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i loved the bunch of ppl i'd hang out during those days. i was in my 1st year of college iand instead of hanging with preppy colleaguesa i was hanging out with the these clerks type kids who were in limbo after high school. almost dropped out. almost.

once rode a bike 300km to a gig, even tripped down to singapore. this was during the punk revival in the 90s, you always find an eclectic ppl in this bunch. LOL at that guy who claimed 'I TOTALLY DISCOVERED GREEN DAY!'