Well, with only 3 weeks left to go...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gnaw, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

...and seeing as how there isn't much left Dreamworks or Michel Bay can suprise us with, I bring up this question:

Who's going to see the movie for sure?

Any nah-sayers that were convinced by a trailer, announcement etc?

For me, I am definetly seeing it first day. Hopefully I can be first in line, if not in the first showing of the movie. I'll wear my favourite Soundwave shirt, maybe a TF hat and hopefully a pair of TF shoes (if I can ever find any) and bring a bunch of my friends.

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I bought my ticket today for the 10pm show on July 2nd. Now I just gotta get through 3 loooong boring weeks.

3. CSpuppydog

CSpuppydog Well-Known Member

lol.... I did the exact same thing.... were gonna start camping a week early

4. mobil1

mobil1 I bent my wookie.

Do you have a job?

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I was always planning on going to see it.

C'mon man...

GIANT

FREAKING

ROBOTS!!!1!!

6. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

theres gonna be a transformers movie?

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I've kept the faith from the beginning brother!
    I haven't seen a single thing to shake my belief that the film will be superb.

8. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Ditto.... Except for the music.. (Not Jablonsky's Score, haven't heard that yet)

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I think it's a pretty safe bet that even the most vocal naysayers will still go see it. Like the designs or not, it's a gerbillion dollar live action Transformers movie backed by the biggest studios in Hollywood and what seems to be an endless marketing budget that has promotion reaching further than any movie I have ever seen do in the past. In 3 more weeks you won't be able to turn your head without seeing something related to TF, so I doubt anyone of current or former fandom is going to ignore it. Add to that the fact that even the harshest critics almost need to see it if they want to back-up their arguements or claims of how badly everything sucks. The minute they say that they didn't see it, they already have their foot in their mouth.

I am not a fan of the movie designs by a long shot, but I'm still walking into it with as much of an open mind as I can. It's a different era, different canon, different universe, etc., so I will take it at face value as being such. I am severely hoping that I will love the final outcome, but I'm definitely not going to bite my tongue if I do end up thinking it fell flat. And to be fair, I'll be the first one to admit that it ruled... if it ends up doing so.

10. CSpuppydog

CSpuppydog Well-Known Member

I do but I took that week off.

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Seeing it at Botcon.

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Well said! This is one of the best posts I've seen that sums up most of what I've been thinking and wanting to say about the movie for a while now.

I do wish they would announce the voice cast though. This is nuts!

13. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Oh man... I can't possibly tell you how I feel. It's like the waiting takes forever. But i should be happy I guess... Here in Holland movies often get released much later, like for instance FF2:ROTSS will be released here Augusth 9th, so I'm glad the Dutch release of Transformers is about the same time as the NA one. I don't know what to do, it's like I can't stop thinking about the movie, day in day out. I go to bed with it, I wake up with it. Yes, I'm obsessed. Fortunately I have just received the prequel novel, and reading it a bit softens the agonizing wait a bit.

PLEASE JULY 6th!! COME SOON!!!!!!!!!11

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

14. Chiben

Chiben Never Gonna Run Around...

The prequel novel was interesting, it definitely got me even more excited for the movie. I think if it hadn't been Transformers, I would've thought the book sucked but I let it slide because it was Transformers (is that a good thing or a bad thing?)

But just wondering if anyone else is as scared as I am. I've been obsessing over this movie for so long, and all the hype and photos have built me up to the point where I'm thinking, "can any movie be as great as what I'm expecting this movie to be?" I'm scared I've ruined this movie for myself!

15. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm definitely seeing it, and have always supported the direction of the film. My little brother is flying out for the week and we're gonna do nothing but watch the movie and sit on the floor playing Transformers like we're eight year olds again all week long.

I'm pretty sure we got a voice cast list from those who saw it at the Australian Premiere.

16. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    I can't think of who wouldn't want to watch this movie if they are a TF fan.lol.