Well this sucks. Car broken into.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hook, May 10, 2011.

1. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    I had some soil and gravel delivered at my place to do some yardwork so decided I'd park the car on the side of the street to free up my driveway.

I left the car overnight, but totally forgot to lock the doors. Looks like someone took advantage of this and stole everything I had in the car, including my car audio system (the Hyundai factory one, WTF?!), paperwork in the glove compartment and 4 parcels I had on the back seat that needed to get shipped.

The police found some paperwork, a handful of CD-Rs and one of the four parcels in a nearby park, but the rest is still missing. What pisses me off the most is that I'm not sure if my car insurance will refund me for the stolen goods since the doors were left unlocked and there were no signs of forced entry.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

2. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

My wife had her ipod stolen out of our van the one night I forgot to lock the door. She leaves it unlocked all the time and nothing turns up missing and the one time I don't...

Chuck

3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I had my Jeep broken into. Someone left a real tacky looking DKNY neck tie on the ground, right next to the shards of glass from my passenger side window. I'm assuming they either wrapped their fist around it or whatever they used to break the window. All they got was a stupid cell phone charger ( I never leave anything of value in my vehicles ). However, they went around the area and broke into other cars too. A neighbor told me they got her purse and wallet. Used one of her credit cards to fuel up the minivan they used to drive around in at a gas station just down the street. A few other neighbors had their vehicles broken into during that same night. However, these idiots broke into vehicles that had their doors locked. The vehicles that had their doors unlocked (from what I heard) had far more valuable items to take (like portable dvd players). But they skipped those vehicles.

Still haven't found those pieces of shits yet either.....

4. Hook

News Credits:
    It's shitty. I though I lived in a quiet, safe neighborhood, but I think thieves may use this to their advantage. Plus, anyone that steals here can make a quick getaway across the park a block a way and hide in the woods.

Anyway. I think I'll be investing in some motion-activated lights for the driveway.

5. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

A few years ago, a couple of jerks broke into my mother's van right outside the restaurant I and my family were in, and she was parked right in front of the damn building too, just a few spots away from the entrance. I find it hard to believe nobody saw them do that either.
    They smashed the passenger window, took out the shitty radio we had and they stole $10 from my wallet I left under the back seat. They stole from a fucking ten year old, rotten pieces of shit :banghead: 

Fixed :lol  hope the jerk who stole your stuff is brought to justice and you also get back what they stole.

6. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Yep, it's the worst feeling. I've had two car audio systems stolen over the years. The one time, they actually went through the grill to cut the cable that pops the hood. Once they did that, they were able to cut the battery and kill the alarm. I had two Rockford Fosgate Punch amps (Punch 100 and Punch 250) and two 15in RF dual voice-coil Power Punch Subs in the trunk. Still brings a tear to my eye.

After that, I went a little smaller. Got my hands on a 5-channel Phoenix Gold competition amp and a 10in Orion Extreme sub. Broken into again. Thief only took the amp. I still think it was someone I knew who knew what I had in the trunk.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    i least they found some of your stuff, Im still waiting to hear back on my jacket, dvds, and CDS/ after factory radio system that was taken 5 years ago

8. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Makes me so angry. Hopefully somebody stabs them to death. I fucking hate thieves. Couldn't they be doing something useful like in Leverage, instead of robbing random people? Leeches.

9. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Talk about coincidence. Some assholes broke inside my brother's car last week and took the battery. Damn assholes.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe they will actually mail the packages for ya..

What was in those things anyway?

11. Hook

News Credits:
    4 parcels in total -

One had a MP Grimlock, the other had a MP Magnus. The two others were paintball-related gear I sold for a fellow teammate; a TechT iFit 6-piece Autocoker boring kit and a Ninja 50/4500 carbon fiber tank.

Only the MP2 Ultra Magnus was found, and intact too. I managed to ship it today to the buyer. The rest is missing.

12. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My key got stuck in my ignition, it wouldn't release it..I could turn the car on and off, but not turn the key all the way back to release..so, that means I also couldn't lock my doors either. So, I had to leave my key in the ignition with the doors unlocked for 2 weeks..and no one touched it. I need a newer/better car.

13. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I have had terrible luck in the theiving dept over the last year. First in Dec 09 my car got broken into. They stole a gym bag that was basically acting as a standard issue man-purse. My Soundwave MP3 player was in there too along with a lot of other stuff.

Then, about 2 months after that, my house was broken into and some power tools were stolen. No sign of forced entry only 4 days after having new windows installed. Riiiiiiight.

Then, about 3 months ago, my house was broken into again. This time some electronics were stolen (my laptop, xbox 360, psp, GBA, etc...) This time they'd actually broken the window and got in through my second bedroom. Didn't touch my toy collection which was right there, but pretty thoroughly ransacked the place otherwise. Still getting that sorted out with the insurance company.

So yeah, I fucking hate theives. I've since got an alarm installed at my house and I don't leave anything in my car anymore.

14. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

If anybody burglarizes my house while I am there I am going to fucking decapitate them.

15. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

If I'd been there at the time I would have. Kill first ask questions later.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Ouch. I guess the thieves had standards and weren't into repaints. =P

Sucks that you had to have something like this happen to you, though.

17. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

My previous car got broken into a lot of times. It was a Neon, and it got broken into about four times and stolen once before I finally sold it. After the first time, I just decided not to leave anything in the car and leave the doors unlocked, as well as any compartments open (eg: glove compartment, middle console, etc), since I figured they're gonna break in anyway, so might as well give them a peak first; so hopefully they just open the door instead of smashing my window. I eventually just left crumped paper and stuff all over the car to make it look like someone already broke in. Finally one day it was stolen and found on the other side of town with old stereo equipment in the trunk.

I hate thieves. Loathe them.

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Sorry about the theft Hook..wondered about the 4 parcels, figured a TF or two were involved. At least you got the UM's back, guess the thieves liked Grimlock...they're dumber than the King. :) 

19. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    This reminds me of when one of my friend's car was broken into during a graduation party. Thief smashed the window and stole her stuff, including her wallet (Don't remember why she didn't have it in her purse inside the house...)

Anyway, it was interesting that the thieves were caught at a nearby gas station because her credit card was last used there.
    Why they decided to stay at the gas station rather than buy their shit and leave, I'll never know...

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

didnt u have an extra key? Even when I bought a used 10 year old bronco it had an extra key; this reminds of the time Peter locked his keys out of the car...