Well then

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by prime13, May 6, 2012.

1. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    So I woke up this morning, went to start up the PC and get "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". Now, thinking this is just some kind of error, I restart it. Nothing new. I restart it about a dozen more times, same thing. Being on my Netbook I google this. Apparently the BIOS or something is messed up? In any case, I don't even know if I have the Vista disc that came with the PC. I'm slightly pissed right now.

System: Windows Vista
    Year: approx 2007-9
    Problem: Hard drive(?)/BIOS(?)/I have no idea how this sh*t works:confused: 

And seeing as this literally happened over night, i'm going so assume it was one of those updates that it does when it shuts down. Hopefully somebody here is a tech nerd/super hacker that can help me.

2. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

looks like your Hard drive isnt recognized or failed. When booting, press the "Del" key and go into the bios, if you can see your hard drive or not.

You will probably need a new hard drive

3. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I'm pressing delete but noting is happening. None of the other keys do anything either. I'm also hearing *whir whir click click* noises, so I think you're right. Damnit. Well, at least it's cheaper than a whole new PC, right? :( 

EDIT: I take that back, F10 took me to BIOS. The only drive I see is the DVD/CD drive. damn.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Happened to my grandparents computer a few weeks back. Same sounds and everything. Not a greal deal to be done if it's failed utterly. A real pain in the arse. :( 

(In related, but funny/horrible news, the rest of their PC was practicaly new - and perfectly useable -when it went. So what does Gramps do? "Someone might steal my passwords off Google." He takes the PC outside in the rain, opens it, and takes a pick axe to it's components. So there you go, dude - it can always get worse. :lol  )

5. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    On the bright side, I learned how to find the BIOS thing.

And wow. Not even my grandparents are that bad with computers. I would love to see that happen. Kinda like that guy who shot his daughters laptop, but backwards.

6. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    Quick update, got a new hard drive. And apparently we lost the OS disc too, so looks like the pc's getting an upgrade. Goodbye Vista, hello 7.