Well, now that I have (insert TF here), I just HAVE to get (insert other TF).

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by meirelle, Sep 2, 2011.

1. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

It happens to me all the time. I'll see a TF and not really want it all that much... and then I end up getting another TF and just think they're not complete without their BFF/trinemates/sibling.

Some examples:

I had classics Starscream, and I was really excited when Thundercracker came out, because I don't have a (transformable) Thundercracker. I wasn't really concerned about Skywarp, because I have an MP Warp. Of course, I put TC next to Screamer, and now they just look... odd without a classics-sized Warp standing next to them. Now I have this burning desire for a classics Skywarp, where I had virtually no desire for one before. Of course, Warps are selling for a fortune, so I might have to settle for a CHMS Warp...

I passed on classics Hound when he came out, because I have an Alternators Hound (and he just happens to be my favorite toy), so I'm like, "Yeah, nothing can top him. I'll pass on the classics version." But then the classics Mirage I won on eBay arrived in the mail yesterday, and I was like, "Shit. I neeeeeed a Hound he can go pal around with. FUCK."

I also passed on classics Prowl 'cause he's not one of my favorite characters. Of course, after I purchased RTS Jazz, I was like, "Dude, he needs to go annoy Prowl."

2. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get what your saying but i find im keen on most geewuner classics so theyre on my to get list straight off anyway.... it did happen with the Universe Ultra figs recently though! I had ignored them due to there size but the Renderform and Headrobots sets made me keen on them and i got all 4 uses of onslaught and alll 3 uses of Silverbolt...

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hah, same here, I got a Shattered Glass Megatron, next thing you know, I'm going after the other Decepticon SG figures...

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Now I've snapped up a mold that I didn't really want and was so impressed that I chased down the repaints of it. That's about as close as I've come. Other than it dawning on me that if I track down Cybertron Legends Menasor, and the four legends class versions of the Hot Shot mold, I can custom me up some Stunticons that don't look like any legends class Autobots in my collection.

5. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

For me it's simple: Optimus Prime (from any toy-line) and Megatron (from the same toy-line)

6. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Maybe you can get someone to trade you Classics Skywarp for your MP Skywarp. Myself, I'm regretful of not getting MP Grimlock after recently buying MP Rodimus.

7. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had no interest in the RTS Legends aside from the Prime I got at my comic shop a long time ago. But then I ended up picking up one of the others a few of the times I checked a closeout store for Grappel/Windcharger, etc. Eventually, I HAD to have Megatron since I had gotten all of the others.

I passed on Highbrow a long time ago at Target, but now I really want him since I've got the other old-timey planes, Lugnut and...you know, the Scout guy. Ransack, I think.

A weird thing I did not too long ago was also when I was looking for Grappel. I figured I'd find him eventually, so I bought Inferno online in order to avoid the "gotta have him" feeling once I found Grappel. So yeah, I relate to the idea behind this thread to the point that I actually plan ahead for it. Sometimes I don't buy things in order to prevent it as well. I have yet to buy a 3rd party product because that will open a huge and expensive new world full of stuff specifically designed to complete items I have. Those 3rd party guys know what they're doing.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. Also, I need to get Skywarp to complete my seekers but I cant afford the Magnus/Skywarp two pack right now and I need both figures.

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    HA bumblebee, now I need HA Barricade to go with him

10. power prime

power prime AutoBot Commander

Ebay:
    You know its weird, that happens to me but i don't realize it. I just get that "that prime looks cool im going to get him for sure." (week later) "Oh look megatron i gotta get him". I just didnt know that i did that until now.

my big one is
    Well, now that I have grapple, I want a hoist. Damn you hasbro!

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Generations Thrust, then Dirge, then Classics Ramjet. Then like a dumbass I bought Generations Thundercracker, then I got Classics 2.0 Starscream...then I got Classics Skywarp. Then, I got DOTM Starscream, then Thundercracker, and I just shipped my POL with Takara Tomy DOTM Skywarp.

Thankfully it's only been the Seekers, although I will intend to complete the Runabout/Runamuck pair in 2012.

12. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    I know if I buy one of the DOTM Wreckers, I'll buy the other two.

13. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    ...And now that I want RID Optimus Prime, I want a good Megatron that I never had to go with him, but now I want a whole bunch in figures from 2003-2005.
    And Optimal Optimus and TM2 Megs.

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Since I had DOTM Thundercracker, I just had to order Generations Thundercracker yesterday evening.

15. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

I get the feeling this is/will be a common phrase with TFCC's upcoming Runamuck/Runabout toys...

There was actually a full impulse buy based on this. My fiancee had bought herself a Sunspot that we found at Target about two months ago. A few weeks ago, I bought RTS Strafe solely due to the plug-in feature of their original molds (ROTF Skystalker and ROTF Mindwipe).

16. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Now that I have Lockdown, I have to get Drift. Now that I have Seaspray I have to get Breacher. Cyclonus sure could use an Armada. Do I have enough Sweeps? You know, Sunstorm was at Screamer's coronation, I really should look into...

I also have this problem where I can't decide whether or not to keep a classics version when I get the MP version. I try not to represent the same character multiple times. I have MP Seekers, why do I need the classics ones? Because I can't justify getting the igear coneheads and having seekers and coneheads at different scales makes me want to kill myself of course. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I want MP Roddy, but can't justify it because I already have Protector and can't fathom a world where Roddy is bigger than Ultra Magnus. Yes, I'm aware that these two "problems" directly contradict each other.

So yeah. Happens all the time. CHMS Skywarp is pretty good, though. Definitely worth it over the two-pack one considering price (also, he's got a touch of chrome). I think he's on sale at KOtoys right now, even.

17. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate that. :lol 

I didnt wanna buy deluxe DOTM Screamer, but I love DOTM Thundercracker, and I cant have just the one, so I gotta buy both, then theres a Japanese Skywarp...
    DAMN YOU SEEKERS!

18. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I fell in lov with the Drift figure recently, and now I just have to have he Blurr version too... It's so bad, I might even buy the SG Drift as well!

Sam sort of dilemma with RtS Grapple... I wanna get Henkei Inferno now, but last i saw they were not cheap on the aftermarket... Bah.

19. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I bought Armada Predacon just because he was a repaint of the awesome Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron mold. Then I was like, oh there's Armada Terrorsaur going pretty cheap, I guess I'll have to have him too. Then Armada Rhinox... Thing is, I don't think Cheetor and Airazor were ever released over here so it might be a long time before I manage to pick them up, but I will...one day...

20. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Kingbat. I got most of the rest from perfect effect so I am thinking I should get one.