Well, now i'm confused about descriptions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Yigal, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    I bought a Nightrider Cobra Head Robot from someone that stated:

"I only opened it, but I don't like it. So I don't want it anymore and want to get rid of it".

I asked if he still had it and he replied:

Yup!

Open/complete

I bought it and when it came in, it was only the headrobot and the gun. No backcard, or plastic packaging.

I sent an email asking were it was, and the seller acted insulted and stated that he never told me it would include the card. He said open and complete

Now personaly I never would state anything as opened and complete if it was without packaging, manuals, or something like this.

What do you guys think?? Did I get ripped off??

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

You should've asked if it came with packaging. A lot of people toss their's out.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If those are his exact words, then it's a case of semantics. You call complete with the packaging, he obviously calls complete the toy with all parts but not packaging.

I'd say it's not that you've been ripped off, I'd say it is more that you could have been more clear when you asked if it was complete. You probably ought to ask "Is it complete, with the packaging and instructions?"

Equally, the seller should ideally have stated that it was complete but loose, without packaging.

End of the day though, you didn't get ripped off. You got a complete item, just not what you personally call "complete". I don't think there's much of a case there.

4. Yigal

Ebay:
    I guess your right.

I would never call a item complete without packaging. I would call it loose complete....

oh well

5. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as I am concerned, packaging and instructions aren't necessary to call an item complete. TBH I think most people throw them away.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Same, as long as it's the product in question along with necessary accessories (and stickers, when applicable).

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm afraid I have to agree... when I see an item listed as "complete," I assume that only means the figure and any accessories, not the packaging. I don't expect packaging (even on an open figure) unless I specifically see "MIB" or "MOC."

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This also Loose complete w/packaging

9. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I would not have expected the packaging or instructions for something of that description. Though, if I was really concerned about it, I would have asked for more detail to be sure.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    ALWAYS ask for a picture of what you're buying. ALWAYS.

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'm rather of the sense that complete pertains to the figure and accessories. I can see where people would take "complete" to mean instructions, packaging, etc. But if I sell something with a sealed tech spec card or instructions, (or even loose) I tend to state those items even after I've said "loose, complete" etc. Same if I'm buying--complete to me means all little toy parts come with, but that's all.

Hey, at least you have the complete figure. If you need that stuff, you can always try with someone who may have bought or is buying one that doesn't want that stuff afterward. (I'm sure you've considered this, of course)

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Waitasec, Yigal, did you not ask for a picture of what he was sending to you?

13. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All these threads or cases that I'm reading so far will certainly help me once I decided to sell my stuffs on ebay.

Now back to your case. In this case, it's all up to personal preference when defining the word complete. You have a point and he has a point. But since he didn't comment anything regarding package, he got the upper hand should you take him to court. Of course I'm just being hypothetical.

Base on your description from the seller, I would've drawn the same conclusion as you did, so don't feel bad.

I'm also leaning toward complete= toy and accessories especially for casual talk without going further detail. The word "Complete" in the ebay world can be as ambiguous as "MIB vs MISB" in which one of the posters on this board did have that issue. You definitely have to ask more questions, can't just make an assumption.

14. Yigal

Ebay:
    Nope, first and last time a didn't do that.......

Oh well, guess I have to check if there's another way to get the package.

Thanx for the feedback guys!

15. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Complete = complete toy with all accessories, nothing else.
    Instructions, card or box has to be mentioned especially to be included.

This is my understanding anyway.

16. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    TFW member MightGaine owns the Highend TF's site that had them as an exclusive, he might have spare packaging, you could try PMing him.

17. Yigal

Ebay:
    Thanx for the help.

I allready sold the head robot to a friend who doesn't care about packaging. Hope I find another one someday that has the packaging......