Well looks like it's official.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megaxz01, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    Based on the Animated news story, it seems Hasbro canned some TFA toys.

I am guessing it is indeed, Rodimus, Blackout, Ironhide, and heck probably even Thundercracker.

When the movie series ends, I won't be buying another TF toy, ever.

I can't support a company that promises these will be released to us in the US, in some form, only for them to slip under the radar, as they have.

Some peeps told me in my last topic, that I should wait until Toy Fair. Well I did, and nothing came out of Toy Fair, about the release of these figures to us.

So movie toys, and WFC toys since I buy toys based on video games (or I wouldn't touch them), and I am done with TF.

As it says over there <-----, movie, Classics (ended; but even if renewed I'm done) and Animated only (which seems to be done for here in the US).

Thanks Hasbro, for saving me mucho cash. Maybe if you knew what you wanted yourselves, people would put their trust into you.

RIP: Rodimus, Blackout, Thundercracker, Ironhide, US versions.

2. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping this is more the obscene amount of repaints they had planned like Mudbuster Bulkhead, Vortex Blurr and Grimlock. Seriously, at that rate they would've had enough for 3 or more complete Voyager waves. (Judging by a Wave is 2 Voyager figs). I'm also hoping that the obscene demand for TFA Arcee has at least raised a few eyebrows over at Hasbro HQ, as well as some of the retailers. Ironhide, Blackout, Thundercracker and Rodimus are the last characters to receive unique figs, and my collection wouldn't feel complete without them. I really hope something's said about this soon.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the love of gawd, PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hasbro said they will release them one way or another, and they will, there is no way in hell that hasbro will NOT release them for it cost them a good amount of money to make the molds and stuff.....they are saving some info for botcon

4. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    That's what people said before Toy Fair though. Patience, info will come at Toy Fair. Look how that turned out.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    In Hasbro's defense, TFA is a dead toyline. They're not trying to please a bunch of fan boys, they're making business decisions. I don't even remember them promising us these toys, if I remember they "had every intention to release" them; not promise.

6. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    Dont give up transformers just cause a few molds got cancelled. The show ended like 10 months ago. they might get released in the Generations line, The Deluxe ones, Atleast.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    For pete's sake, we just got Arcee and Ratchet 6 weeks ago and E.Soundwave and F.Jazz a few weeks before that. There's no reason to doubt eventual release YET. I REALLY doubt that Takara's in tune with Hasbro's release plans, so I don't think it's a stretch to assume this is an off the cuff comment without any real knowledge behind it.

Well duh. The point of toy fair is to advertise new product to retailers that will be available later in the year. If the most recent wave is any indicator, the remaining animated toys will be TRU exclusives, so there's really no reason to advertise them at a show for multiple outlets.

8. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry but, I can't see this happening.

9. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Wow so dramatic LOL

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yup, it's official. Takara will be releasing the hitherto unreleased Hasbro figures at a time that is not yet determined.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

LOL I held Blackout in my hands. That toy was not cancelled.

There was no news at Toy Fair simply because there is no news to be said. The figures have gone through production and are merely waiting for distribution.

12. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

They told us they would be released, they just needed to figure out how. But they've flat-out lied about a lot lately. Mattel lies a lot, too; their online exclusives are a nightmare, and they fed us a whole lot of BS over Masters of the Universe back in '02-'03; about the same kind of crap Hasbro's giving us now. So there's a precedent for this crap. An industry standard, even.

Sooner or later, people are going to be popping up in this thread with the inevitable "LOL i don't care Animated SUCKED" comments and things will go to hell, but before that let's point out that the show and toys were at the height of popularity when the plug was completely pulled. The reason, that it was time to focus on ROTF, begs the question of why the series was not just put on hiatus. Whatever; surely there's some keen business strategy at work here that my uneducated mind can't wrap itself around.

I want to remain positive and say that with the large, still-vocal fanbase that this show has, which includes kids and collectors alike, combined with the completely insane demand for the TRU exclusives and rarities like Activators Cliffjumper ($30 on Ebay. I rib you not.), and the "word" of the company that we'll be seeing these figures one day instills in me enough confidence to remain patient and happily await my new Animated figures, but I spent like a year waiting for Elita-1 and Hasbro just pooped in my cereal on that one. So, now I dunno.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If I gave up buying TFs every time Hasbro didn't release something in my country, I'd never have started collecting in the first place.
    Calm down, and wait and see what happens. And look on the bright side - you've got a FAR better chance of seeing them in YOUR country than I bloody well do.

14. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    to TS: have you been collection long enough?

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    For fuck's sake they'll be released at least by Takara I don't know why everyone's wetting their diapers over this.

16. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not believing anything until I hear it from Hasbro themselves. Until then, this really feels like nothing more than speculation based on a comment made by someone working at Takara.

17. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    So...in other words you are saying Transformers is...

[​IMG]

18. NothingHead

Man.. I don't want to have to order these things overseas. I don't don't see the sense in paying so much for toys. Really, I'm not a doomsayer, but this is the same dance we did with MOTU. However this ends up, I'm afraid the whole thing's gonna just be a real drag. :( 

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Welcome to almost every other country's world.

20. NothingHead

Ha, yeah. But I don't think anybody in the US thought ever it was okay that international collectors got the shaft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.