Well, it's Feb 26th and... Nothing. WTF?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dsprks75, Feb 26, 2012.

1. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

The magical date of February 26th is upon us colletors interested in acquiring new TF Prime figures... Some have been met with a level of disappointment when trying to get new items ahead of schedule at local Target stores by, even going in store armed with the dcpi number, have been sent packing, being told that they can't have any new TF stuff until February 26th...

This morning I got up early, and visted the 3 local Targets in my area to find...

Nothing... Not a damn thing... No new TF's, no aisle reset... Nothing... Just the same gaping wound that is the TF section festering with the same unsold TF3 BB's in all 3 stores...

Anyone else having the same thing happening?

2. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

Was at my target in Tampa last night, and decided to walk over to the transformers section and saw lots of prime toys. Not interested in that line, but just walked over to see what they looked like in person.

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I thought it was the 28th for the reset? In either case. Dark of the moon toys were really sluggish for retailers last time. Not surprised if their taking their time now. Thinking the reset for avengers movie toys will encourage them to reset for Prime.

Man this is going to be a awkward year for toy department modulars I feel.
    Anyone know when gijoe retaliation toys are going to be set?

4. bigevil801

bigevil801 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the release date was March 1st

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I am in Canada and I thought the Prime street date was March. That said, Zellers and TRU have already released the wave 1 deluxes.

6. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

The guy at target told me it was the 29th

7. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Ok, a few things:

1) Resets NEVER happen on weekends. Planogram teams, for the most part, work Monday through Saturday, with Saturday being when there are the least of them in store. And even though, unless they are behind, they are focused on the weekend prepping for the new sale week then resetting an aisle.

2) Resets do not occur overnight. Planogram team members usually come in no earlier than 5, no later than 8 am.

3) Dates mean nothing. When a plano comes down, they are given a range date, meaning they have to do it between this date and that date. Even then, they can do it early or late (but can get in trouble).

4) You will know when a reset is happening. Resets mean clearing out an entire section, totally redoing the pegs, backer paper, etc, then resetting the old product...THEN they set the new product.

8. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

Considering today is Sunday, not many retailers have a big push to do resets on the weekend. They are busier on weekends and don't want to have an aisle or department tore up and blocked from customers, or risk a customer tripping over the boxes or fixtures trying to get to the new merchandise. Most likely you may find them starting tomorrow.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I stopped in Wal*Mart yesterday for some general shopping and strolled the Toy isle and they had Prime/RID Voyagers, Deluxe & Legion Classes out. I bought a Wheeljack & Soundwave and used that $3 off coupon and it worked. They didn't have Megs though, just Prime for Voyagers.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    A the time of my posting, it's 11:22. These employees still have other things to put on shelves. Just wait till 3:00, you could find them.

11. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

26th? I'd been hearing the 29th all week. And even so, my Target has had PRID toys for weeks now, just in the back.

12. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Looks like the "magical street date" wasn't so magical after all.

In other news, where the hell are my Cyberverse Commanders!?

13. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    My local Target still had their Prime figs in their stock room even though they did say the 26th as well. Bot Shots Set DPCI, anyone???

14. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    A little fyi , when i was younger , an used to wrk at a Target , our planogram team had a week to do a reset. that being said , during the week following the 26th wld be a good time to check your stores. Even though I dont wrk there anymore , the target near me still follows this current plan , an they have yet to fail me. Ill check my store on Thursday. It should be plenty of time to get the product out.

15. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I've seen the RID Voyagers at Wal-Mart. No Deluxes yet but I am not anxious or anything. I'll get Arcee when she comes.

16. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I've heard anywhere between February 26th to March 1st.

To save myself the time and trouble I ordered Voyager Megatron and Voyager Optimus Prime online.

Last I was at TRU (a week ago) they had a number of Prime RID Deluxe Bumblebees.

All the other deluxe and voyagers were sold out.

Based on the sightings thread Walmart and Target in my area have had a fair amount of wave 1 for the past few days.

Perhaps when I put a bit of spare money aside I'll look to pick up Prime RID Deluxe Cliffjumper.

17. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This confirms what I suspected. When I went out this morning, I noticed a major reset in the seasonal area. Bulk stuff was gone and replaced by their garden and patio offerings. I even saw a guy still assembling a table. To me, that seems to have been the priority to them and if they didn't get that finished, why would they have moved on to something as inconsequential as a toy aisle.

18. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I never realized there WAS a street date. TRU and Target stores all over So. CA have had Deluxe, Voyager, and Cyber Legion figures for weeks now, and Walmart stores just started this past week.

19. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Nothing by me that wasn't already there.

20. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was told by a Kmart department leader on Wednesday that the reset needed done by the end of the week into the weekend, and photos needed sent to home office or something like that. They had the pegs and shelves labeled, and it was all ready to go.
    This morning, they have the exact same stuff they had Friday, which was deluxes and bot shots. Nothing different.