Well it is official I am boned.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scourge, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Scourge

Scourge I shall rise again

okay after reading this I was like wtf. So let me start over.

I signed up for the gastric procedure to have it done, at the time I was covered by my company's insurance policy. Well when they renewed their coverage they added gastric procedure to the exclusions list meaning they would not pay for them. For me this is a matter of life of death. I have tried traditional dieting it does not work for me. So anyway I am boned.

One the plus side I am liquidating my transformers collection and my joe collection so I should be able to get about half of what I need. I need a total of $16,200 to pay for the procedure out of pocket.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ...huh?

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am confused?

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

[​IMG]

That's all I got...uh, sorry.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Edit: was wrong.
    Still, Company insurance should cover it, IMO.
    It is cheaper in the long run than what they'd eventually have to pay for.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Wait, by "the gastric procedure" does he mean having a gastric band fitted? I'm not entirely clear on why an employer should be expected to provide that.

7. Scourge

Not a gastric band I was in line for what they call the Gastric sleeve. It is where they cut out 85-90 % of the stomach for me it would cure all of my other issues. As this was a last ditch attempt to lose weight. I have tried dieting before lost upto 75 lbs but gained it all back and then some.

This procedure will also cure my diabetes high blood pressure sleep apnea also my lower back and knee problems.

And just because i know this place no I do not eat a lot so no put the fork down shit.
    This also has caused my depression to kick back in.

However I take full responsability for my situation no one forced me to eat fast food.

8. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, I understand now and dude I'm sorry but I agree with Sledge here.

9. Scourge

Well for me it is a matter of Life and Death. Think about this what if you had a curable disease and you got approved and then that approval was yanked out from under you. Would you not feel the same way.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It sounds like it's less of a "put down the fork" problem and more of a "put something better on the fork" problem.

11. Scourge

Yes that is true and I have been doing that as well.

12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

13. Scourge

And just as a question of curiosity

Out of all the people responding

Who has dealt with being Morbidly Obese?

14. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I don't know the pricing, but my Ex-mother in law got the lap band put in. As long as she got it filled with saline from time to time, it worked wonders. She dropped 120 lbs. Of course, she got complacent and stopped getting it filled and it stopped doing what it should have been doing.

That really sucks.

There's no additional physical activity you can do to mitigate the issue? I've assisted a lot of people in getting in shape. I helped someone go from 280 to 167 just recently. There was a weird strain of a Thyroid disease involved there that supposedly made it impossible to control the weight, but we did it. I helped another go from 240 to 162 recently as well.

There are a lot of things and ways you can eat that promote a faster metabolism. It's not meant to be an accusation that you're complaining to us while waiting in the drive-thru. It's meant as a statement that many people think they are eating well, but really doing little to promote natural weight loss. And bottom line, for it to work, it'll take months of drastic lifestyle changes.

No, I'm not a professional but due to some events in my personal life, I've gotten very good at nutrition and fitness control. Feel free to hit me up in private if you want any advice.

Other than that, sorry to hear it man.

15. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

This kinda reminds me of something my father's employers tried to do.

Dad smokes lots and lots of people at his job smoke. They added a $40.00 a month premium to your insurance every month just because you or someone in your family smokes. Okie dokie, no problem. Well someone at his job was diagnosed with mesothelioma. In case you haven't seen the ambulance chasing lawyer commericals lately, meso. is caused by asbestos exposure. About 10 years ago the county (dad's employer) tore down an old semi-abandoned school building that had been built with asbestos in the insulation. The insurance policy states that meso-related lung cancer IS convered, but the insurance company/employer refused to pay any of the medical bills because the guy smokes. IIRC he sued and won but the time it took for the lawsuit to run its course was too much and he died before they could do anything about it.

Yeah nto exactly the same thing, but it reminded me of it.

16. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I would feel exactly like you feel now. I have a disease that is not curable and has caused me to have many surgeries. With that said I know there are exceptions for everything and if it truly a Life and Death issue I think your doctor could get involved and push the issue more. I wish you the best and hope your situation works out.

17. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

My suggestion is to do extensive calorie monitoring. In terms of body fat deposits in the human body you really can't violate conservation of mass and energy. Figure out what maintenance is and keep below it to you reach your weight goal then never go over it. Protein and Fiber is your friend. Signup at livestrong.com and you can use the calorie tracker there daily; I certainly do.

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    that sucks man , its a shame you have to sell your collections to help pay for it I wish you luck and im glad your willing to take responsibility for your issues i suffer from depression as well so i know whats that like

19. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

If the company already approved the proceedure while they still covered you for that sort of thing, you should still be able to get it I would think.

My mother-in-law tore up her wrist working for Kmart a long time ago and their insurance still pays for her treatments even though she doesn't work for them. If it was approved, they should have to provide the service.

20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

you very fat. you job had medical coverage that includeed gastric surgery.

then you find they took it away.

now you want use to buy TF and other toys to pay the bill.

do you have MP soundwave?