Well, I just got an enviction notice.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetalRyde, May 25, 2012.

1. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Well, I just got an eviction notice.

funny thing too. i live with my dad and the house is under his name, we rent our house. now we have kept house nice and clean and tidy. and today was a special day. we were gonna have a house inspection by this woman who been assign to us by the okc housing authority and she's been giving us these little visits ever 2 weeks for the last 8 months trying to find some way to get us kicked out.

as i said, today i was expecting a visit from this woman but instead we got a man. who taped a notice on our door saying the following.

that they didn't find anyone in the house to talk to.(bullshit, i was on my pc when my dog starting barking at the front window and a saw a small man leave the note)

that the house is dirty. (bullshit, we clean the house every day.)

that the house is full of garbage. (bullshit, we do not live in a pigsty, as before it is very clean, unless she sees our tvs, beds, cloths and refrigerator as garbage.)

and that the house is damaged. (this i can explain, see i was moving my old bed with a new bed and made a hole on the wall. 8 years ago. i personally fixed the wall and gave it the same paint as the rest of the house)

so, we have 14 days to comply with the violations or 30 days to get the fuck out.

2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    File a complaint with the OKC housing authority and explain what happened. If that doesn't work, lawyer up.

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    This all the way. These days people are getting just plain lazy and stupid. you gotta fight against it man!

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This. If Oklahoma is still like it was when I lived there as a kid ( inthe 1980s), they will be afraid of getting sued and back down.

Also is there any reason why someone might be trying to get you out? like you have a fixed rent and the landlord could get alot more if you got kicked out?

5. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, to hear that, as mentioned above please act quickly and keep us updated about your situation.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gees, that really blows man, I hope you figure out what the hell happened there. And if it's the house is under your dad's name, wouldn't he of been told what was happening???

Also, what the hell is with everyone getting fubar'd by others the last couple days? First poor Deceticonspike put his situation up, and now this.. Kind of a bad weekend.. I'm really sorry for you guys, I truly am.

7. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

In the real world, yes....

Fantasy world answer = Barge into the office of the guy whotapoed the note on your door yelling, "FOR NARNIA!". Then start shooting him with a NERF gun until he surrenders.

... Sometimes I can't control my imagination.

8. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

SURRENDER EVIL FOR I HAVE A NERF GUN HAHA!

back on topic, you should file a complaint if he didnt even knock(or ring doorbell if you have one) he's not doing things right

9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I noticed that too, its like "I'm going to get you, or a gotcha attitude."

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
  11. MetalRyde

actually no, its not fixed. all the years we paid 400 dollars a month and 6 months ago it was increased to 500.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly, I find it hard to believe that a single person can have that much stroke on their own, especially without proof by way of current pictures & video proving that you guys live like the people on those Hoarding shows. Since that's not the case (aka, since you don't live in a dump), I'm sure there's shit you can do to fight this, since all people need to do is go inside your house & see that the bitch be crazy.

13. MetalRyde

or i should say that we started out at 230 a month but as time went by the rent went up. but it stayed at 400 for 2 years.

14. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Hope everything turns out fine for you. The nerve of these people.

15. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Damn that sucks. Hope things work out for you.

16. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Yeah, I agree. People like this are bullies and they play on the assumption that MOST people won't want to deal with the aggrivation of fighting so they pack up and leave.

For some reason this bitch wants you out, and she's using underhanded tactics to get what she wants. I say you need to bring your game and take her to court (tenancy tribunal, whatever it is over there).

Get photos of your house, stat decs from people who have seen your house and whatever else you think you'll need. If the situation in yur house is not what she described, then you shouldn't have any problems having the eviction over-turned.

17. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sucks. I hope you find another place soon or find a way to keep your place

18. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I would start by taking pictures of the house with a camera that dates the photos (hopefully yours comes with a time stamp on them), do yard work (if any is necessary) and then of course I would call the number stating that you are in compliance.

19. MetalRyde

thanks guys, we will be taking pictures of my home showing that it is indeed clean in a very sanitary environment. we have to wait until tuesday to check back on them but will talk to to the higher ups on what this woman has been doing.

this isnt the first time this sort of thing happened. years ago we had a man assigned to us and filed a bad report on us. turns out he was a racist and the higher ups saw our house, saw that it wasn't in the state as the man reported and fired him.

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks late last year and got a phone call from my landlord about my place being a mess.
    she said she left a note in my mailbox, and had maintenance leave a note on my door and when the note was still there, they had thought i had abandoned the place.

she added that the note informed me that i had 7 days from date of it being put there to comply or eviction process would begin.

i asked her how can i do that if i am on an IV in a hospital 30 miles away. her response? "Hire somebody quick."

fortunately for me, i was released the following day, and i spent the entire weekend cleaning, re-cleaning and sanitizing the entire place. and that monday at 8 a.m., i was waiting for her to open the office. she said i had to schedule an inspection and i refused because according to the paperwork still hanging on my door, today was the last day- or else.
    so i forced her to inspect the place.

i told her that if she is ever in medical distress that i will be more than happy to check her house out to see if she left dirty clothes in the hamper or forgot to mop the kitchen that day.

i can understand Housing Authorities or landlords wanting to maintain standards for health and well being, or just to keep maintenance costs down.

but if an emergency comes up and the tenant has to put off housekeeping for a few days, that is no reason to think the worst.